Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ARE YOU LIVING IN GOD’S FAVOR


Bookmark and Share

ARE YOU LIVING IN GOD’S FAVOR
If you aren’t and you are a born again child of God today can be your day. Years ago I learned how powerful the word FAVOR was when I prayed. Many times I would ask God for favor and within minutes my request was answered. When Joan and I went to Alaska, a place I had dreamed of going for a very long time, we used the word constantly and were amazed how our Heavenly Father responded so quickly.
Perhaps it was due to a daily commitment He led me to make decades ago. Ephesians 2:10 is the best verse in the Bible for doing it. He tells us that He plans our walk with Him. He prepares works “in advance” that we are to do. This verse in the form of a prayer will do wonders for any child of God. Jesus said, “If you abide in Me and My Words abide in you then ask and it shall be done for you.” I flat out love the word shall for it is definite.
Have you discovered the Lord doesn’t play around? I find Him to be extremely serious about bringing the lost to Himself. I would be too if I had given my only son to die for it. God loves us so much and many still need to know it. We are His mouth pieces here and should be telling others how we found freedom from a sinful life. Many Christians seem to live as if nothing happened to them when they “got saved”. I must wonder if they became New Creations or just received another dose of religion.
Salvation isn’t fire insurance like many want. It is an intimacy far beyond what even we who have experienced know. If we truly understood what God has given to us, we would be that city shining on a hill. We would be the salt of the earth and from our bellies would flow Living Water. I’m not speaking of every now and then but all the time. If you are a lover of God and still lacking the new birth experience tell God you want His favor.
John 1:12 was given to me long ago and I memorized it. “To as many as those who receive Him [Jesus] to them gave He the power [authority] to become the children of God, even those who believe in His Name [Jesus].
For at least a month I only wanted to share this verse for it opened my eyes as never before. I knew I had to believe in Jesus to be saved but clearly didn’t understand receiving. I do now and believe we do this by inhaling His Spirit by faith. Think about it, why did Jesus breathe on his disciples after they believed it was Him and not a ghost after His Resurrection? They began to receive His favor.
In James we are told that when we ask with wrong motives we will not receive our requests. This is something we should realize when we are praying. God’s plan for us is always far superior to anything we could want or desire. He sees all the way to the end of the age and the beginning of eternity for His children.
Actually we are living in our eternal life now. Jesus said, “I Am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me, even if he die yet shall he live. Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” Does this describe you? Of course you believe in Him or you wouldn’t have read this far. But are you living in Him? You are if you are born again but perhaps you aren’t yet. It was almost 33 years before I surrendered my life and I know the difference. Do not let anyone tell you it isn’t an experience. Ask those who are born again and see what they tell you. Some laughed themselves silly and some like myself, cried like a baby.
Perhaps the difference stems from the measure of sins acquired. I'm ashamed to say I had a ton of them. When the Lord washed me in His Blood it was easily the greatest time in my life. Never before had I felt such love and release of guilt. He took it from me and He will take anyone else’s who is willing to die to their old life [repent]. The result is we don’t want to do the things that brought us shame. We were now looking for others who are like us. The Holy Spirit will make sure we find each other.
God has a great plan for mankind and we can take it to them, or we can sit back and allow others to do it. The reward given to those who labor in the fields “white for harvest” is beyond calculation. We aren’t earning our salvation but the job in Heaven where we will serve God forever.
I love Him too much to sit on my rear while masses are dying daily without Jesus. I want His favor and tons of it for God has my life planned perfectly. He has yours too. Will you join with those who love God enough to serve?
In His Service,
Capt. Ben Marler
Captben61@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A BLESSING YOU ARE TO ME...I THANK GOD THAT HE CARES SOOO MUCH FOR ME.HE EVEN PLANNED YOU TO COME INTO A LITTLE OLE BARBERSHOP IN MILLIGAN FL. AND GET A HAIRCUT.LITTLE DID YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I NEEDED TO HEAR FROM THE LORD THAT DAY AND THRU YOU, I DID...THE LORD JUST SHINES THRU YOU....
    YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION BEN AND I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT!
    LORD BLESS YOU (and I know he does)THANKYOU FOR BEING A DILLIGENT SERVANT OF OUR LORD....YOUR FRIEND,DIANA

    ReplyDelete