Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

WHEN WILL JESUS RETURN



Bookmark and Share

WHEN WILL JESUS RETURN
One thing’s for sure, lots of folks don’t think it will be any time soon. Have you noticed how few make it to worship services? I used to say to people, tomorrow is Sunday, where would you like to be if Jesus returned then? Without exception they would say “In Church.” This revealed several things, they didn’t know what the Bible teaches. Like, those who are “born again” are the Church. We’ve become part of the “world wide” Body of Christ. We are like tiny bits of Jesus and one day we’ll be welcomed in Heaven. Those not “in Him” will not be allowed. His offer of forgiveness and inclusion into His eternal family is still available. If you haven‘t been included, God says, “Today is the day of salvation“. Make it yours, OK?

Jesus told His disciples that only the Father knows when the end times will come. Lets remember, we who “have” Jesus will one day simply disappear in a flash. You need to read First Thessalonians 4:13-18 carefully and slowly so the Lord can impress upon you His Words. There are some who think that this upward call to glory will happen before the horrible tribulation, some during it and some after it occurs but all believe it will happen and it’s clear who will be included. First, the dead “in Christ” and then we who are alive [in Christ] will be taken up. Notice it doesn’t say those who believe in Him. One thing for sure you don’t want to be here when the tribulation time arrives.

Becoming born again is the only way we can enter into God’s promise of eternal life. No amount of religion, works or supposed “goodness” can accomplish it. Becoming born again is so important that Jesus said we MUST BE to even see the Kingdom of God. Born again means the Spirit of God is alive in us and leading us to do the works that God prepared before hand. It’s a shame that billions don’t understand this and yet say, “I’m a Christian.” They’ve been led to believe that since they are a member of a denomination and/or have made a proclamation it was enough to be saved.

I did all that myself and was still as lost as a goose in a snow storm. Until I came to understand that Jesus was hanging on the cross for me personally there wasn’t anyway I was willing to surrender my life to Him. When I did I died to my will [I’m still at it], and asked God to forgive me for my numerous sins. The effect of His forgiveness still lingers as I melted before the Lord. When I asked Jesus to come into my heart it was the most wonderful day in my life.

I literally experienced forgiveness where tons of guilt left in a single second. Never had I ever felt so wonderful. That night the Holy Spirit came to my bed and anointed me. I felt a “ripple like” motion began at my toes, it rushed up to my lips and a language called the “language of angels” began to flow. I knew it was a flow of praise for God’s goodness to me. For the last 39 years this gift has allowed me to communicate with my Heavenly Father on a level my mind isn’t capable.

All born again Christians should seek this Baptism in the Holy Spirit. It’s promised in Luke 3:16 and you can see it’s effect in the Book of Acts. The Baptism is given to help us witness. “When the Holy Spirit comes “upon” you shall be my witnesses etc.” Witnessing isn’t difficult if we’ve experienced “something”. It’s like seeing two automobiles collide at an intersection and giving the police a witness report. If you didn‘t see what happened, only heard a noise, your testimony wouldn’t be of much use. Nothing is more important for a Christian than to be in a wreck. When you and the Lord collide, I guarantee the results will be positive. You will discover He has such a great plan for your life. There isn’t any way you would believe it even if He were to tell you.

I discovered how to access His plan after He led me to use Ephesians 2:10 as the basis for a daily commitment and I’ve used it for somewhere about 35 years now. My life has been full of joy as I’ve seen and experienced the Lord do things that I still rejoice over. For instance, a woman was crying at the altar rail when I asked why, then she told me she had a bad heart and was going back to Atlanta for an operation and was so afraid. I told her, Jesus can heal hearts, would she like me to pray for her. She uttered a tearful “yes”. Then I simply said, “Lord Jesus, thank you for healing her heart.”

About a month later she and her husband returned to Destin. After the worship service she came up to me and said, “The doctors were so excited, they couldn’t find a thing wrong with my heart.” I can’t tell you how much joy this brought me. Jesus is also our Healer, Amen? I believe He’s coming back soon, do you? If you do, prepare by becoming born again right away.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment