Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

BROTHERS AND SISTERS WE ARE OUTNUMBERED

I love Sarah Palin for the same reasons that those on the left hate her. She’s my sister in Jesus and they can’t stand to see a true born again Christian prosper in anything. Jesus promised us persecution and folks, she’s getting it by the boat load. What they don’t know is they are adding to her reward with God. How important it is for us to serve the Lord openly too so we too can hear Him say, “Well done My good and faithful servant, enter now into the Joy of your Master.“ Do you think He will say that to you? If not, this message can be of great value to you.
There aren’t many Christians who can give a testimony that is exciting and attractive. I’m not saying they all have to be that way for some folks are going to come to the Lord like a tree growing in the yard. The problem is most of them never do anything but show up for services and do as little as possible in sharing Christ with the world. But those who have experienced the fantastic joy of being set free from a life of sin in a single day are so excited they want to tell everyone. I know this is the case for me. I was as miserable as one could be until May 23rd in 1971 when I receive a full pardon from God and adoption into His family. While sitting on a chair in my pastor’s office God redeemed me and made me one of His kids.
Sometimes I think the Lord allowed me hit the bottom so He could uplift me. My wife had met Jesus in our living room about 6 weeks before and came running to the bed where I was asleep so excited I thought there was an intruder in the house. I was reaching for my gun when she told me what had just happened to her. While on her knees telling God that she loved Him, Jesus came into the room. She said the whole room lit up. I know one thing for sure, she did. For a very long time she walked around reading the Bible or a book on the Holy Spirit in her hands. I’m so blessed to have her as my wife of almost 52 years now for the Jesus inside her has brought me to know Him too.
Be honest now, do you know Jesus or do you know about Him? Don’t feel bad if you can only say you know about Him for that was my condition. I had to surrender my life, all of it, to know Him. My life since that wonderful day has been filled with excitement and sometimes persecution too. Jesus said, “If you aren’t for Me you are against Me. If you aren’t gathering you are scattering.“ Doing what He wants will always bring fire from the enemy and our sister in Christ, Sarah Palin, is under a barrage of hateful artillery. I hope you will adopt her and her family in your prayers today. She was born, like you and me, to love and serve the Lord. She’s an excellent example of how God works to accomplish His will here on earth. I’ve read her book Going Rogue and now my wife is reading it. Hopefully everyone will for in it you will see someone who loves America and our Constitution. She loves people and they love here too. I trust you’ve seen the crowds who show up when she does.
There’s a day coming when we all will stand before the Lord for reward if we are born again. No amount of religion can save us. We must be “in Jesus” for it’s His righteousness, gained by obedience, that makes us acceptable to the Father. We who’ve been buried with Him in Baptism and raised with Him in His Resurrection are already living in our eternal life. No one can kill us for we are now immortal as He is immortal. Realizing this allows us to serve Jesus in spite of persecution.
I suggest we watch Sarah as we pray for her. God is going to protect her and keep her for Himself just as He will for you and me. Isn’t He wonderful? You bet He is and one day we will see Jesus face to face.
Right now we are to commit our lives daily to His service. I’ve used Ephesians 2:10 for over 30 years doing it. Please do the same and allow God to use you in adding to His family. This isn’t hard to do at all. Please take the time to write out your salvation story. It doesn’t have to be long or fancy, just truthful. I wish folks had a long and short version ready for when given the privilege to share our love of Jesus we can do one or the other. I use my “one minute” testimony all the time.
Folks want to know why you are different so tell them. We have the peace of the Lord, “There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus“, and we are in Him. God doesn’t even remember our sins. He has erased them and forgotten them too. What can be better that this? Begin today sharing Jesus and make a difference for Christ. This is our purpose now. Will you do it? If not, why not? I can help you if you need it.
In His Service,
Capt. Ben Marler
captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment