Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

HEAVEN‘S LANGUAGE AND OURS


Bookmark and Share


HEAVEN‘S LANGUAGE AND OURS

Do you use “bad words”? Would you say them if you were looking at Jesus? If the answers are yes and no this message is for you. I hate to admit my past behavior but I came from a four year stint in a Military Academy where ugly language was often the norm, I conformed to it.

When I arrived at FSU I found the language used in a men’s dorm horrible, making the words at the Academy mild in comparison. Sadly, I conformed again to fit in. I can’t tell you how much I hate now that I did. Filthy language always makes us dirty and unaccepted with good people. Let me add, I never used this “second” language around a female, smart me.

My Joan, whom I met there, soon separated me from the ugly words by her sweet spirit. She was, and is now, a devoted Christian who honors the Lord by how she lives. Where “bad company corrupts good morals” her innate goodness accomplished the opposite for me. It wasn’t long before the Lord brought me to where I hated curse words even more. I would never allow anyone to use them in her presence.

When Christians use stinky profane language he or she isn’t making the Lord look good. I’d hope they would stop calling themselves a Christian for I don’t believe they really are. Paul was right when he said, “The mystery hidden from the ages is Christ within you the hope of glory.” He couldn’t say this until after he was born again and neither can we. Are you born again? Be honest for it’s important.

Some major denominations, including the largest, doesn’t teach or preach these words of Jesus. He said we must be born again in John 3. Did you know He said we can’t enter into the Kingdom of Heaven if we aren’t? If you didn’t know it before, you do now.

Also, in First John 5 He tells us that those who have Him, have eternal life and those who don’t have Him, don’t have eternal life. Since death is like a flying bullet don’t you think we should take all of His Words seriously? You bet, and today is the day of salvation for countless thousands who have ears to hear. If you want to learn about being born again read from my blog.

Can you imagine Jesus using foul language? Jesus always represented His Father well and we should too, don’t you think?

What if you’re well versed in Satan’s language and it comes out “automatically”? What should you do? Tell Jesus how ashamed you are and ask Him to save you. This is called repentance, or changing your mind for the Lord. Few seem to realize, once we surrender to Jesus as Lord, He commits to saving us on Judgment Day. Did you know you will be judged? I bet you didn’t know Christians will stand before the Lord and give an accounting. At this time the Lord will reward us for our obedience, and we will also have to give an accounting for our words. I don’t know about you but this isn’t comforting to me. Thank you Jesus for your Blood.

Here’s the secret to a clean mouth. Turn your prayers into praise. Read the psalms and use them when you can. I love Psalm 100 the most for it tells me how the Lord loves for us to approach Him. Once we start, we’ll find His presence upon us. When you can feel Him, I guarantee you a “clean” mouth. Think about it, if Jesus was standing a few feet away would use profanity? Of course not, and we shouldn’t when He is even closer, in our hearts by His Holy Spirit. We must never forget who we are once we’ve repented and received Jesus as our Lord. John 1:12

Did you know God has appointed us as Ambassadors? We’ve been authorized to use the Name of Jesus in setting captives free. Everyone enslaved with sin, sickness, disease and hateful living can be released by the Name of Jesus. Read Acts chapter one and you can see Peter and John releasing a cripple. This man soon had them in trouble for he went into the Temple leaping and praising God. How could he not, having been crippled from birth? It was Peter and John’s faith in the Name of Jesus that freed Him. Do you have that faith too? If you do, it’s a gift from God, use it.

I’m using one of my gifts writing this message for you. Can you find a word in it that wouldn’t be welcome in Heaven? Of course not! Let’s begin to speak as if we‘re already there, OK? Isn’t Jesus listening and aren’t His angels recording our words? You betcha!

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment