Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

NOT A SECOND TO SOON AND NOT ONE TOO LATE

Bookmark and Share


NOT A SECOND TO SOON AND NOT ONE TOO LATE

I don’t know about you but I long to go to my Heavenly home. I can see in Hebrews 11 God says He is ashamed of those who don’t want to live there. If you haven’t read this chapter you should for it’s called the Faith chapter. You will see God lists the name of some of His “hero’s”. It also contains one of my favorite verses. “For without faith man can not please God for we must believe that HE IS and that HE IS a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Do you seek God? If you don’t please begin now. He loves you “unconditionally” which means your past is insignificant to Him if you surrender your life to Jesus. If you refuse you will face all the sins He was willing to forgive. All of them are recorded in the BOOKS.

One of the most difficult things we will all face is the “loss” of a family member or loved one. When my dad left suddenly with a massive coronary in 1970 I was crushed. My dad and I couldn’t have been closer and the sudden loss of His love was almost too much. At his funeral service God spoke to me through these words, “I Am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me even if he die, yet shall he live. Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” It was if there was a click in my heart for I knew my daddy was now with Jesus. Since this experience I’ve wanted to go too.

I began to pray for my mom for she wanted to go so badly she actually became down right “mad” at God. I told her, Mother you can’t be mad at God. She said, “I can and I am.” For six months she was estranged from Him. Slowly she began to recover from the shock of seeing him fall right before her while they sat in a restaurant. Plus, she knew what I did, Daddy loved God the way all of us should. The Lord always came first with Him. I could list a lot of things he did in obedience to the Holy Spirit but just trust me the list would be long and impressive. His works didn’t save him but defined him just as our works will do for us.

God led me to begin to pray for my mom with these words, “Lord, please don’t let Mother die until the very second you planned when You created her, not one second early and not one second late. He was faithful to His promise and He told me I would be holding her hand when “I take her”. He entered her hospital room in 1995 and gently lifted her up to Himself as I was holding her hand, right on time. Since then I’ve asked the same thing for my wife, daughters, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. I’m confident He has heard me and when we’re done “up we’ll go.“

Do you have the same confidence in the Lord? It’s so important that you answer honestly for it reveals your relationship with Jesus. There are millions sitting in church buildings every Sunday that are “Christians” but not born again. If you aren’t now, I can’t over stress how important you become one of God’s children right now. The instant you surrender your all God will have your name enrolled in the small Book of Life. The Bible tells us these are the ones who will actually live in Heaven.

Please allow me to encourage you to read Matthew 25 and First John. These 6 chapters will make a huge difference in your life if you’ll prayerfully read them. It’s so important that you ask the Holy Spirit to help you for the “Word of God” is spiritually discerned. Untold millions read it without His help and find it’s like eating food without nutrients. I read my Amplified Bible early in the mornings considering it my spiritual breakfast. It’s also the time I lift up to God a whole bunch of folks for whom I’ve promised to pray. I sure hope they are doing the same for me. Jesus said, “You can do nothing apart from Me.” If you’ve been struggling perhaps you have been working on your own.

Please just commit your life daily using Ephesians 2:10 for a new and very rewarding experience. For 35 years I’ve been doing it and wouldn’t stop for it’s where God has hidden His joy. Go for it.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment