Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LETTER TO A PASTOR ON HEALING


Bookmark and Share


Dear Brother Billy, I haven't seen you in a long time but the news letter sent to me tells me you are still serving Jesus to the best of your ability. I would bet your congregation has been infected with the same desire.


In Matthew 25 Jesus tells us that only the "servants" are rewarded. Many seem to think that showing up for a worship service is one and the same thing. I call my time in worship a time for thanking the Lord for what He had planned for me last week [Eph. 2:10] and a time for blessing and loving on Jesus for what He has coming up this week. Glory Hallelujah!


The main thing I wanted to share with you and your flock is something the Lord has shown me recently. Looking at the news letter I see 44 needing prayer for healing and there are probably a lot more who have given up asking. So let me share with you the "secret" to getting all of them well. First, the children's bread [healing] belongs to the "born again" children of God [John 1:12].


Those who are church going like I was for nearly 33 years are "safe" but not saved until they are willing to die to their own will and become "saints" by receiving Jesus into their hearts as LORD.


Lots of folks want Jesus to be their Savior for they don't want to be cast into hell. But it doesn't work that way. If He isn't LORD, there is no way He is going to say to the Father this one is MINE. In Matthew 25 50% of the virgins are rejected. Had I died prior to May 23rd in 1971 I would be headed to hell.


When Forrest Mobley prayed with me as I literally melted in tears before Jesus I "experienced" a release from my back that felt like a VW being lifted off of it. Then, when he had me ask Jesus into my heart as LORD I "experienced" a joy that has never left some 39 years later. I'd never felt so good in my life. [I believe it is horribly wrong to down play a sinner's "experience".]


If folks tell you they didn't feel anything, I believe they haven’t repented as they should. Giving up our will [Life] isn't an easy thing to do. But when we do, it becomes the most wonderful thing in the world for we've opened the way for God to adopt us as one of His children.


Billy, I've learned to hate religion for it's been able to take away from those who need Jesus' intimacy with a "form of worship" which is mostly dead. You can see this by watching folks leave afterwards. If there is intimacy there is going to be a glow and a strong desire to share the Good News with someone, anyone. It's the Presence of Jesus within them by His HOLY SPIRIT that's in charge. "The sons of God are those who follow the Spirit of God." Amen?


Now to healing: We shouldn't ask God for what we already possess. We go clamoring to the Lord for healing when all we need to do is use the faith "He's given us" to look back upon the stripes of JESUS. Isaiah 53 and First Peter 2 proclaim God's Truth and you know it well. "By His Stripes are we (were we) healed."


We see this in Acts where Peter and John are on their way to pray see a cripple that Jesus surely walked by numerous times [I believe He was saving him for that moment]. They didn't say, "Hang on a minute man and we'll seek the Lord's healing for you." They said, "What we have...."


As you know what they had was the BREATH of God "within them" plus the ANOINTING of the HOLY SPIRIT "upon them". Jesus was ALIVE in them; they didn't have to go anywhere but to say what the HOLY SPIRIT prompted them to say. The result: They got into a lot of trouble for this "blabber mouth" went into the Temple and jumped and shouted that God had touched him and made him whole. Do you want some "blabber mouths" to be doing it too? Of course, but make sure you have lots of parking available first for you are going to need it.


God said He made the Gospel simple to confound the wise, aren't the wise those who want to spiritualize the scriptures? Let's just go with what Jesus said and do the works He did as He said we would, and we can if we're one of His DISCIPLES.


Billy, I'm no longer trying to make folks into "Christians" but a child of God. So many denominations are trying to build their base instead of bringing the lost to the CROSS so Jesus can save them. I believe, with all my heart, JESUS hangs out at the CROSS. Anyone who'll go there and see their SINS upon Him will be touched by the HOLY SPIRIT.


The reason few are being saved is we save the preaching of the cross for the Spring Time or Easter time. What a shame.


By the way, The Lord has shown me the CROSS is like a plow. Sometimes the ground is so hard the plow must be taken over it many times before the "seed" can find it's way inside. Please plow often and try my opinion on this; no one but Jesus knows for sure who's saved.


I can believe my wife is, but only He knows. She has much fruit of His Spirit but He KNOWS, not me. I know I am for He gave me "experiences" that hold me to the Cross. I find that I need 1 John 1:9 less often but still use it as a "wet wipe".


Lord knows, I hate to use it. When Obama is gone I'll need it even less.


Having offered you all of this I trust you will carefully pray over what I believe "with all my heart" the Lord has given me for you. When He begins to respond to the faith of those who are looking back to the cross for their healing please give me a call or write to me.


If you want to see some of what I've been writing check out the blog, captben61.blogspot.com My daughter Athena started it up for me, or should I say the Lord.


May He give you constant favor and health as you faithfully serve Him and for praying for me.


Love you, capt ben

No comments:

Post a Comment