Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

ALMOST A CHRISTIAN


Bookmark and Share


ALMOST A CHRISTIAN

When I ask folks if they are a Christian many are confused as to what they should reply. Some say, “Yes” but I don’t go to church as if that going could make them legitimate. Or others say, “I’m a Baptist or Catholic” or some other denomination. This message should help folks to see the Truth. Our job once saved, is to go into all the world making disciples.

I would like to offer a few thoughts here as to what I believe God says about Christians. The scriptures tell us that the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch. It shouldn’t be lost on us that these were folks who disciplined themselves to follow the teachings of Jesus. This begs the question, are we disciples like them? If we aren’t, why are we accepting their label on ourselves? I believe it’s because we have grown fond of being comfortable within our fellowships where very little is demanded from us.

How in the world we reached the place where we don’t care a rip for the lost is beyond me. Again, please allow me to ask, do you awaken with the desire, I want to tell someone today why I love Jesus? I hope, with all my heart, you do but if you don’t, are you really doing God’s will? I don’t think so, for witnessing for the Lord is a privilege given to us. Few Christians whom I’ve met seem to understand what a privilege it is to say His Name.

The bottom line with God is are we born again. In many congregations they never hear that term. Jesus told Nicodemus we MUST be born again to see the Kingdom of God. Do we believe Him? I sure hope so for hell will last as long as Heaven and no one should want to go there. When we humble ourselves before God and repent [turn from our sins with remorse] God will forgive us instantly when we ask. But there’s more, He washes our hearts with the Blood of Jesus so we are as clean as new snow. When we invite Jesus into our hearts [lives] He now has a clean place to reside. God does one more thing. All of our sins, which have been recorded to be used against us on Judgment Day, He orders erased and then throws the erasure away as far as east is from the west. Then He says, “I will remember them no more.”

Most folks haven’t experienced this “new birth” or they could tell you when it happened and where they were, even when it happened many years ago. Can you do that too? If you can’t, get with it for we are running out of time.

God is no respecter of persons and we are sinners until we do. He says the wages of sin is death and He isn’t kidding. Jesus said there would only be a few in Heaven with Him for the road to death was wide and many would go that way.

If you’re a disciple, Heaven is your home and nothing can keep you from God through out eternity. He said, “Eye has not seen nor has ear heard all that God has prepared for them that love Him.” Do you love Him, really love Him? I tell folks I don’t love Jesus anymore for I’ve fallen in love with Him, a huge difference. At first I loved Him on my terms but after seeing Him crucified in a vision I’m in love with Jesus. All I want to do now is please Him. He’s blessed me more than I can say and far more than I could ever deserve.

True Christians are generous people for they’ve become stewards of their possessions. Sharing them is natural and exciting. Now we’re in a difficult time in America and our gifts are even more meaningful to those who receive them. One thing I’ve noticed, the more I give the more I have to give. It’s a great feeling to be used by God in this way. Are you generous? I’m not speaking of huge gifts but is your heart thankful and open to God’s commands to give. If it is I’d bet you are a disciple.

A final question: If you were to die right now are you positive you would go to Heaven? Some say yes but then try and qualify why by adding good works or something. I hope you can say, “I am because I’m born again of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. I’ve placed all my faith and trust in Him to save me when I stand in Judgment.” Where He will say, “Father, this one is Mine.“

Then He will say enter now into the Joy of Your Master. Why, for we obeyed Him in doing the “works” given to us by the Father. We fed the hungry, gave drink to the thirsty, clothed the naked, invited in the stranger as He has led us. Please read Matthew 25 prayerfully and you’ll see it.

You won’t be “almost a Christian” but an adopted servant and child of God. Now submit to the Holy Spirit for instructions as to what He wants you to do. I use Ephesians 2:10 for my commitment. I’ll see you in Heaven.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler

captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment