Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

HOW TO WITNESS IN THESE LAST DAYS



Bookmark and Share



HOW TO WITNESS IN THESE LAST DAYS

Let’s begin with a strong statement from Jesus, “He who denies Me before man in this sinful and adulterous generation in no way will I acknowledge him before the Father and His holy angels.” If this doesn’t get your attention, stop reading for this will be of no use to you.

When someone tells me their relationship with God is personal I know they aren‘t born again….yet! We must be bold and courteous in our evangelism. If you practice your smile before you go, doors will open automatically to hear what you have to say. I believe Jesus smiled all the time except when being attacked by the Pharisees. These men were pretenders and refused to recognize Him and the message Jesus was delivering from the Father. Let’s decide now we will never be like them.

Unless we are willing to spend time with the Lord early in the morning before going out we won’t be fresh. Jesus is the Light of the world and when you spend time with Him your face will shine as Moses did. Let’s also remember Moses was not a good speaker but he was a man like David, a man after the heart of God.

If you are like David and Moses many will come to know Jesus by your testimony for the Holy Spirit will make a way for it. John 3:16 is a great verse in the Word of God but it can not win souls alone. If you want to see what I mean, walk up to someone and quote it smiling. Then wait and see if the person there before you accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I believe you will stand there a very long time. However if you say afterwards, “May I tell you what this verse did for me?” there is a better than 50% chance they will allow you to share. Then you must make your story short and sweet unless they ask for more.

Another very effective way to witness requires a bit more courage. After a short greeting ask this question with your best smile, “Why do you love Jesus?” Make it in a soft child like way and you are apt to get an answer. Some may stumble around trying to come up with an answer that they think will please you. If you have spent time with Jesus His Spirit is upon you so don’t panic if they can’t respond or act hostile towards you. Following is why I would rather have someone reject me than try to please me.

One morning while driving to Destin from Alabama God told me, “Provoke them to anger, provoke them to thoughtfulness and provoke them to exuberant praise.” This means we can be bold for we hold the keys to the Kingdom of God for the lost.

Our testimony with the Gospel defeats Satan and actually disarms him as a liar, thief, murderer, and accuser of the brethren. He is your opponent. We who have Jesus have His Spirit within us and He is greater than Satan who is in the world. Satan hates God and wants to do all he can to deprive Him of souls. Are you willing to let him have the souls where you live?

I’m not willing to give them up that easily and have witnessed for over 30 years to anyone standing still and to some who were walking away. Some have become martyrs doing this but after many hundreds of thousands I haven’t even been spit upon. Perhaps one day witnessing may cost me my earthly life, but it sure can’t cost me my eternal life nor can it yours. If you are born again your name is enrolled in the small Book of Life. If you are only a religious person you are already in real danger. If I were you, I would go to my knees now and ask the Holy Spirit to take me to the cross.

Then while looking up at Jesus, drink in the level of brutality He suffered for you. Let it continue to sink in until you love Him more than anyone you know. Now tell Him how you feel about your sinful past. He already knows it but admitting it will set you free.

Now ask Him to forgive you and His response will always be YES! Then humbly ask Him to come into your heart as your Lord. Now inbreathe His Spirit by faith. As you do you become a brand new creature, no longer deserving death as a sinner but now a saint of God living in a mortal body. God has adopted you and you are now a member of His family too. Ask the Lord to lead you to a pastor who can baptize you. He will also watch over you as you grow in Jesus. Glory Hallelujah! God is so Good!

If you want more help, write to me real soon for time is short now.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


Captben61@gmail.com
captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment