Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

A TRAIN LOAD OF EXPLOSIVES


Bookmark and Share
A TRAIN LOAD OF EXPLOSIVES

During WW 11 I was a youngster living south of Eglin AFB here in NW Florida. My boat captain dad had the honor to carry some of Jimmy Doolittle’s flight crews fishing while they prepared for the mission that brought them fame and the undying love of Americans. Their strike against Japan from a small aircraft carrier in B-25 bombers may have been the most daring of the war. We who lived through that time and afterwards have seen many movies and news cast replays that demonstrated the bravery and outstanding patriotism of our men and women who dared to resist evil that was abounding everywhere.

One captivating scene was to see a pilot, of perhaps a P-51 Mustang, strafe a train with his 50 caliber machine guns blazing. As the incendiary rounds landed the high explosive ammo within the cars created a huge explosion flinging debris high into the sky where the pilot must fly. He must have survived for the gun cameras recording it were later unloaded and the film developed for us to see. God was surely with him as He definitely was with the Doolittle Raiders. Some of them were lost during their dangerous missions but many survived against terrible odds. Until the Lord comes we must remember their sacrifices as they paid a huge price for us to live free here in America. I thank every person in uniform I see for their service.

The Bible is more than an accurate history book, it’s the Living Word of God. Like the train described above it is explosive and when we penetrate it, it will explode in us and fling us upward towards God. This neat illustration was given to me as I lay in my bed meditating upon God’s love for me and my family. Of course He loves everyone and proved it by allowing every sin committed, even those that still will be to be plastered like filth upon Jesus as He died for us.

If you don’t understand anything else please grasp this, you’re not too bad for Jesus to save your soul. He came to do that, and when you go to the cross, you’ll always find Him near to help you gain your freedom. Jesus sets us free from a sinful life to live a brand new one by giving us faith to not only believe in Him but to “receive” Him inside of us. “The mystery hidden from the ages is Christ within you the hope of Glory“ was written by Paul for all of mankind. There’s a danger, you may not do the receiving part by a deceptive belief that religion can save you. There’s nothing we can do to save ourselves except one thing, surrender to Jesus. This means we take our will [our precious will] and surrender it to Jesus our Lord God who is Emmanuel. Many have missed this and believe all kinds of things which can not lead them to freedom, keeping them enslaved.

As a boat captain I needed to know many things to receive my license. This included extras like first aid with CPR, safe navigational skills, the rules of the road, weather and many more. I couldn’t just go aboard the boat and invite folks to come along unless I wasn’t charging them. This wasn’t possible for Emmanuel cost over $500,000 and was owned mostly by my bank and the Lord. The operating expenses were huge making the financial side of the business a headache most of the time. I figured out that my pay was to share Jesus with my customers. I loved it and they obviously loved receiving His love. Many wouldn’t board without a hug. I miss them a lot.

I got up an hour earlier each day to put some rounds in “that train” where reading 10 chapters was common. The Holy Spirit was always waiting at the table and opened my eyes to see the Truth in God’s Word. Some 35 years later I still meet with Him but now at my recliner, old folks need more comfort.

I invite everyone to try the Amplified Bible if you aren’t reading your Bible daily. My daughter Athena gave me one after my New American Standard version was misplaced during a move. At first I was stubborn and wouldn’t read it, but as my hunger grew I opened the pages and was thrilled. It was as if a great Bible teacher was opening the verses for me. I used her gift for 14 years. I recently purchased a new one with large print making my daily devotions with the Lord easier on my eyes. Buy one, you’ll love it!

Do you want God’s Word exploding in you too? It’s up to you and no one else. Begin reading today and bless the Lord for He has much for you. Ephesians 2:10 is what I use in my commitment. His Joy is never ending…….

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com “google” captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment