Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

MORTALS AND IMMORTALS


Bookmark and Share
MORTALS AND IMMORTALS

Folks, I hate to tell you this but if Jesus tarries all of us will one day die a physical death. Most don’t care to think about it much less talk about the time when their family and loved ones grieve over their passing. Well lets be mature for a moment and accept the fact it’s coming to us and we can prepare for it. Some do this by buying insurance policies that can “protect” the family. Or, will seek an attorney to get their house in order with a will or other legal papers to protect and direct the disbursements they have acquired. All of these things are good and admirable but they all pale in comparison to getting themselves ready to face Jesus.

There isn’t anything more hurtful to us than to be ensnared by religion. I define it as “man made laws and rules”. The one true religion in my opinion is Judaism. It’s a religion but one instituted by God Himself. If you’re familiar with the Old Testament you can see how He did it. Basically He chose a man who believed Him. Abram was sent to see the land where His descendants would later replace the folks living there. Today we call it Israel. God gave Moses the Commandments for living in a right relationship with Himself and with man. They were so good He chipped them in stone for them. The problem came later on when men, the religious leaders, added thousands of rules to the basic 10.

With all this said please allow me to help you escape from religion, and trust me, we all have some of it inside us. There is only one way to do it and that’s to be born again of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Once we receive Him by faith our relationship with God changes instantly. Instead of being viewed as sinners deserving death [the wages of sin is death] He gives us His Spirit. Jesus said it best when speaking to Mary and Martha at the death of their brother Lazarus. As they grieved at the grave site Jesus revealed a great truth. “I Am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me, even if he die yet shall he live. Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”

All at once we become immortals or those who will live in God’s presence forever. Those who refuse to repent and surrender to the Lordship of Jesus will die twice. God calls the people cast into hell having another death. Think about it, can anyone trapped forever in a lake of fire be “living”? I don’t think so. It’s the reason I work daily to try and reveal Jesus so He can save the lost. I’ve tried to save folks for a very long time and haven’t saved one yet. He can do it in a single heart beat. When we are saved by Him, angels rejoice in Heaven. The worse we are the Bible says, the greater is the rejoicing. I’m approaching my 73rd birthday in July. I’ve met folks so bad that I wouldn’t want to pour water on them if they were on fire but Jesus saved them when they repented. This blows my mind until I remember just how bad I was myself. Don’t ask me to tell you my sinful past for I won’t. God not only forgave me on May 23rd in 1971 but had the record of my sins erased from The Books to be opened on Judgment Day. He then took the blackness of the erasure and cast it away as far as “east is from the west”. Then to top that off He said, “I will remember these sins no more.“

Do you know He is doing that as I write? All over the world folks are coming under conviction of their sins and are repenting. I can see angels in constant worship of God for His Mercy. Most of us know it as Amazing Grace. If you’ve received it you know exactly what I mean. If you haven’t “yet” I believe you are a mortal and in “mortal danger“.

For nearly 33 years I was very active in my church, but trust me again, I didn’t know Jesus and He didn’t know me “intimately”. When we become “born again“ it changes our relationship like a man “knowing” his wife on their honeymoon. When Jesus entered my heart I “experienced“ a release of guilt and was filled with joy. Never had I felt so good in my life. That same night He baptized me in His Holy Spirit and I haven‘t stopped witnessing since then.

Will you live in Heaven with the Lord? No one can help you make the decision. Just take Him at His Word. He loves you as much as anyone on the earth. He died for you painfully with your sins upon Him. It boils down to how do you feel about it? Do you care? Do you really care? If you do tell Him. Turn from your sinful lifestyle and receive Jesus inside you by faith. Once you’ve done this it is now your responsibility to tell others so they too can become one of the Lord’s immortals. Will you do it?

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
“google” captben61.blogsite.com for more of what the Lord has given me.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment