Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hearing the Lord and How You Can Hear Him

HEARING THE LORD AND HOW YOU CAN HEAR HIM: I've had a number of pastors tell me they have never heard the Lord speak to them. Some had been in the ministry for a very long time. I believe they didn't expect Him to speak. Has the Lord spoken audibly to you? I sure hope so for it's the most thrilling thing that can happen after our new birth. You know, I suspect God is speaking to His children all the time but they may be too "busy" to hear Him. MY ADVICE: If you want to hear Jesus speak, set a time [daily] for you and He to have fellowship. Now tell Him, "Your servant is listening". In my case, I was forced to captain the vessels too after my dad's sudden death and found I was so "over my head" for my work and responsibilities increased dramatically. Our fishing business included two large 104 passenger vessels that could leave the pier with a total of over 150 people fishing, not including the riders who often shared a pole with a family member. Nothing I learned at FSU was helpful for this. What I learned from my dad and mom was vital, "be totally dependent on Jesus". He always would see them through for what He had planned. And, He did the same for Joan and me. Due to their example and my huge need I spent almost an hour and a half with Jesus daily before reaching the pier about daylight. This included about 20 minutes of worship at the altar of our church. The hitch hikers didn't care for it as they were often asleep inside. He already knew my heart. As I read the scriptures and worshipped Him I began to learn more and more about His. When He added a jail ministry that gave me even more insight into how He loves everyone. He actually spoke the words audibly that opened up the jail ministry from one man He sent me to help to the whole population. IMPORTANT: When He speaks to you make sure you OBEY otherwise He may not speak to you again audibly. In the Bible He's always speaking. What He says there is spiritually discerned so ask the Holy Spirit to help you and He will. I love you folks. Please pray more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment