Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ARE YOU TROUBLED BY EVIL SPIRITS

If you aren’t you are very blessed. Demons have been active here since Satan tempted Eve. A jealous evil spirit [angel] tempted Cain and he killed his brother Abel. You can find more evidence all through the Bible that Satan’s demons have been very active. Do you remember the man so strong and violent that even if he were chained he could break them? When Jesus came near the demons in him recognized Jesus and begged not to be sent earl to Hades but to be sent into some hogs grazing nearby. When Jesus set the man free the 2,000 hogs, now possessed, ran into the sea and drowned. When the pig herders told the owners they begged Jesus to go away. There is no evidence that He ever returned. This is a powerful lesson too.

I know for a fact there are evil spirits here for a few times when I became angry over something I could feel them come “upon me”. When I commanded them to go in Jesus Name they left. There is much power in Jesus Name. While loading a new fuel tank down below in Her Majesty 11, I became trapped when it become stuck. Instantly a spirit of fear [claustrophobia] took advantage of it and I felt it. When I commanded it to go in the Name of Jesus and it left and a peace came upon me.

Our cemeteries contain many victims resulting from a “jealous” rage. I once witnessed a time like this and it could have turned out tragic. God is very good to those who love Him. I suspect He allows the devil much more leeway when it involves those who hate Him. Our prisons are filled with folks who were oppressed and when surrendered to the suggestions committed terrible crimes. Some are so possessed by Satan they are spending the rest of their life in solitary confinement. They are so violent they can’t be trusted in the general prison population.

I could share many such stories that I personally know of during my 71 years. I would bet everyone who reads this can relate even if it is only from the news on TV or article in the newspapers. Having said this, do you and I need more encouragement to understand that there is great demonic danger everywhere now?

A relative has just received a crippling injury from an auto accident resulting from a trip to buy some more beer. Who do you think led he and his friends to be drinking in the first place? Alcohol used to be called “alcoholic spirits” in my youth. This stuff is a depressant and can cause folks to do terrible things. I discovered this first hand during a two year jail ministry. If you are drinking beer as a beverage with your meals you might become a victim too. Countless people have been killed in auto accidents after someone had “a few beers”. I don’t have to belabor this point anymore for you know it is true.

If you are wise you will avoid alcohol in whatever way it’s offered. Some will say wine is OK. I have an old room mate from Sewanee Military Academy who confessed to some outrageous behavior when he and some friends while eating in an exclusive restaurant drank too much wine. Even in the scriptures we see Jesus’ disciples accused of having drunk too much wine on Pentecost. They were drunk but not with alcohol, they were filled with God’s Holy Spirit not alcoholic spirits.

The difference was profound for instead of doing the devil’s evil work for him instead they performed one of the greatest miracles revealed in scripture. Read the first chapter of Acts and you will see it for yourself. God wants us free from any influence that prevents us from serving Him 24/7. You may come up with some imaginative excuses on why you drink but trust me they won’t hold water when you stand in Judgment.

Alcohol and drugs are some of the devils most useful tools. Pot is a favorite for him for those who smoke it will NEVER reach their potential. God has a wonderful plan for our lives and we don’t need any illegal substances to fulfill it. Learn to hate this stuff and Satan will have a very hard time getting you involved. Anyone using or selling drugs are criminals.

I bet you don’t like that statement if you’re a user but it’s true. You can lose your job if you fail a drug test in some businesses. At this time, when the economy is tanking, I would hope no one would take chances. Worse of all that they could be involved in an accident that resulted in fatalities. Or, they would abuse their loved ones while impaired by drugs or alcohol.

Remember, the Bible tells us, “Greater is He [Jesus] who is in us than he [Satan] who is in the world.” Get born again soon and you are safe. Need more information? I have much more and it is yours for free if you ask.

In His Service,

Captain Ben Marler
++++++++++++++++++

PLEASE SHARE THIS BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment