Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Have you read the Bible, especially the last Book called the Revelations of Jesus Christ? There is going to be an end of time and many of us think that the scenes are being prepared for it. Having said that, allow me to clarify. There is coming a time when the Lord Himself will descend between Heaven and Earth and with the shout of the Archangel. Then He will call up the Holy Spirit to meet Him in the clouds [angels]. We who are born again will go instantly too for the Holy Spirit lives inside us.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 speaks of this time and many refer to it as the rapture of the Church [true believers or saints]. This will not include those who are not His. The born again have been purchased and redeemed by their faith. It was the Blood of Jesus that washed them as clean as new snow even though many were terrible sinners. I must confess that I was one of them. When the Lord forgave me I literally felt tons of guilt leave.

Now this begs the question if you are a Christian, did you have an experience of some kind when you became one? Many will try and convince you that there is no need for one but I disagree. Let’s reason together for a moment, OK? If salvation involves repentance [turning and going the other way with remorse] to the place where we are willing to give up our will [life] to Jesus once and for all, shouldn’t there be some kind of an emotional discharge? If you say NO, I fear for you. I’ve been with folks who have accepted Christ without any emotion and I can’t remember them becoming servants of God. They might become worshippers on Sundays but as far as becoming witnesses, nada. You see, they had nothing to tell.

Why should we witness? Jesus said that when the Holy Spirit comes upon us we shall become His witnesses. Now if you haven’t been baptized in the Holy Spirit I believe you might have a leg to stand on before the Lord when He asks, “How many did you bring me.” Do you remember Jesus said, “Good ground will produce a crop, 100, 60 and 30”? If we have received Jesus [John 1:12] this is evidence we are “good ground”. The Gospel took root and has begun to grow. Once it gets started we should be producing the fruit of the Spirit, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Longsuffering, Temperance and Faithfulness for others to enjoy.

This fruit is the result of us living in Jesus and not simply saying we believe in Him. It’s kind of where the rubber hit’s the road in Christendom. Our love is now identical to that of Jesus. We love unconditionally, not necessarily perfect as He did. You see, we must develop the mind of Christ and this seems to take some time. Picking up our crosses daily is also a requirement.

I asked the Lord one day, Lord, what is my cross. Instantly he replied, “The difference between My will and your will”. I was stunned for a moment then it became extremely clear, if I want to do the will of God my cross is light but when I have something else to do, it can be as heavy as concrete.

The thing I’ve realized over the decades is this, the things God has for me to do are what really makes me happy. Sometimes the Joy is so strong it brings me to tears. These tears are evidence that the Lord is truly within me doing His works. I love Ephesians 2:10. “We are His workmanship. We have been created in Christ Jesus for or [unto] good works that God Himself has prepared for us to do [walk in]. For over 30 years it has been the basis for my walk with Jesus. How I wish every Christian would try it for 7 days straight. If they would, they will never stop, “Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven” will become a daily reality.

Have you been one of the millions who want God to bring on His Kingdom so you won’t have to do it? I’m not trying to upset or anger you but to move you off dead center. Jesus said, “If you aren’t for Me you are against Me. If you aren’t gathering you are scattering.“ Do you believe Him? If you do, make sure you are born again. Here is a test for you; Do you love Jesus more than you do yourself or anyone else? You must be honest now!

I suspect half the church is still lost in their sins. Read Matthew 25 and see if you agree. There is a day coming “tick tock, tick tock” when He will look at some “good folks” and say, “I’ve never known you“. This doesn’t have to be you. Go to the cross and stay there in worship until you understand the price Jesus paid for your salvation. Then as you love Him you will have an incredible experience receiving Him as your Lord. I guarantee it!

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment