Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

DOES SATAN FEAR YOU

There’s an interesting story in Acts where the five sons of a Jewish Priest took on a demoniac and attempted to cast the demons out of him. The demon said, “I know Jesus and I know Paul but who are you?” Then he preceded to beat the tar out of them, leaving some wounded. You might say that’s it for me, I’m not going to mess with anyone possessed by the devil. You would be considered wise if you follow up on this promise, unless you are in Jesus and Jesus is in you. This is fleshed out for us in John 15 and I hope you will read it. We are to produce the fruit of the Lord’s ministry and setting captives free is part of it.

I suspect that a huge number of people who identify themselves as “Christians” are Christians in name only. I can say that for it was my condition for almost 33 years. In 1971 that changed permanently when I melted before the Lord and surrendered my life to Him. My experiences have carried me along now for almost 38 years. At the instant I asked Jesus to come into my heart I felt a huge weight leave my back, as heavy as a VW.

I have come to understand it was a load of guilt and Satan was sitting on it.

Jesus said that Satan was a liar, thief, murderer and an accuser of the brothers. He kept me under condemnation constantly for I knew what I was doing and it wasn’t always right. If you are in that condition now, this is your day to be set free. Please don’t argue with what I’m writing for you here. It is flowing from my heart and not my head. God loves you more than you will know until you are standing before Jesus face to face. None of us really know the depth of it nor it’s breadth. If you want to gain a glimpse of it look at Jesus dying on the cross for you personally and you can. The cross is the power of God unto salvation.

You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to say a simple prayer like, “Lord Holy Spirit, Please allow me to read the five chapters of First John with your eyes. Allow this small Book to take over my life in how I live day by day for Jesus. If you do, He’ll change your life, and it doesn’t matter how long you have been a Christian. Please read it several times and ask the Lord to allow you to see that He is Life and religion isn’t. Hundreds of millions are being deceived by religion. There isn’t a thing we can do to save ourselves except surrender our lives to Jesus and trust Him to save us.

Jesus came to save SINNERS. You and I can still sin after He lives in us but we sure don’t want to do it. God has given us 1 John 1:9 to find forgiveness. From experience I can tell you, I hate to use it but will in a heart beat for sin separates us from God. He hates sin and we should too.

Satan is our deadly enemy and he never sleeps. If he can distract us from Jesus the flesh, in which we are trapped, will be vulnerable to sinning. If we realize just how much Jesus paid while hanging in agony and shame for us we will be telling the devil to go IN JESUS NAME. Let me assure you, I’ve found that any temptation is gone instantly when I do it. Satan wants to kill me or make me impotent for God has used me to work against him. If you’re one who does nothing but attend Church services the devil isn’t going to pay you much attention for you’re absolutely no threat to him.

I suspect the average Christian rarely reads the scriptures in a disciplined manner. This makes the devil extremely happy for he knows our faith is weak. Faith is our ability to serve God, and without it we can’t please God. [Hebrews 11:6] If you aren’t reading the scriptures please take me up on my “world wide” offer. Buy an Amplified Bible and save the sales slip. If after a week or two of reading it daily you discover you don’t want it either send it to me [I’ll pay the postage.] or give it to someone. Then mail me the receipt and I will send you a check the same day I receive it. This version is incredible for it allows us to read and understand as if a great Bible teacher is sitting next to us. A hard back cost about $27 and a paper back way less.

You will soon discover your relationship with Jesus is more like that of Paul and demons will know who you are. When God tells you to deliver someone, it will happen for Jesus for Jesus living inside you will get it done. The demons will not like you and will fear you too. I’ve seen God do mighty things through me and others and He wants to use you too.

Becoming born again and surrendering your life each morning is important. I’d love to hear of the things you will begin to do while exalting the Name of Jesus. It will be awesome! If you need more of my help, please ask!

PS When God takes me up, Satan may feel he can finally take a day off. Don’t let him. OK?

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment