Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

DYING TO LIVE AND LIVING TO DIE

The title of this message wouldn’t go away when it formed in my mind. It is the very essence of understanding eternal life. We who are willing to repent of our sins are in fact dying to our will to continue committing them. Repentance doesn’t mean I’m sorry. It means I’m truly grieved over them for I realize Jesus died for them in my place. This level of remorse moves the heart of God and when you ask for His forgiveness it comes instantly.

Those who are unwilling to repent are those who are living to die. They will reap the whirl wind of a lifestyle opposite of the one for which God planned when He created them. Do you want to see an open secret in the Bible? I will reveal it here for you so you can surrender your life and enter into eternal life while still living on earth. In Ephesians 2: 8-10 we find these words. Do your best to memorize them for they are life to you.

For by grace you have been saved though faith; and that not of yourselves, it the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which GOD PREPARED BEFOREHAND so that we would walk in them.

As you can see, I capitalized the key words to help you see that once we are in Jesus God will reveal to us the life He has prepared for us. As you are already aware you were endowed with special gifts, talents and abilities at your birth so you could bring glory to God. Before we are born again we are able to use them for our own glory. You can see this everywhere where folks are working. Few seem employed by the Lord and I’m not speaking of the clergy. I’m speaking of you and me and the millions like us.

Some of the “successful” folks live miserable lives. They are living for themselves and the devil being unaware of it. Did you know God says that friendship with the world is enmity with Him? Everything here outside of Jesus will be burned up in the end. We will be in the fire too if we aren’t born again. If you don’t believe this read your Bible. It is the only thing we have that is the Word of God. It doesn’t contain it but is the Living Word of God and is able to set folks free and even raise the dead.

I have a good friend and brother in the Lord, Charles Omuroka from Kakamega Kenya, who God has used to do the mighty works of God in America, Africa, Greece, Canada, England plus other places in the world.

I was with him when a woman was dying in Alabama with leukemia. God used Charles to give her more years to serve Him. As Charles prayed for her Esther’s husband Durrant was shaking his head NO. After watching her suffer for years he knew she was dead. Esther had been taken to the hospital in Andalusia to die several times. I went up there one day to comfort the family but she was returned to her home for God to later raise her up. She looked like a stick child when Charles prayed but when he returned to America the following year, she weighed 168 pounds. God had plans and Charles fulfilled them for Him.

Don’t say God can’t use you for He can use anyone, including me. When I was in school I hated to write and would wait until the last moment to do it. When He began to speak to me I first used a ball point pen and tablet. My cousin Betty Moore would type them for me so they could be taken to the local paper for publishing. Thank Goodness she could correct my many mistakes first. She did this for a 52 day column entitled WALKING WITH JESUS. He even gave me the title and told me when to stop. Finally after I had spent about $2,000 He had the amount placed in my hand. God always pays His way. If He is leading you to do something you’d better do it.

He wants to share His Joy with you. I love to write now and this is the second message written tonight. The first is DO NOT FEAR ARMEGEDDON. You can have it by asking for everything is free just like our eternal life. Jesus paid for it on the cross and I love Him. Do you love Him? No matter how much there is far more and I hope your love grows daily, more than yesterday but not as much as it will be tomorrow, Amen?

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment