Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WHY ME LORD

I suspect nearly everyone has reached the place where they uttered these words. Most of the time it was when something bad has happened to them. This message isn’t about the negative but is very positive, Jesus loves you.

You and I know so many things we’ve done for which we’re so ashamed. I did many but Jesus said we aren’t to look back on them for if we do, we aren’t worthy of the Kingdom of God. I don’t know about you but I’m so relieved to hear them. Why would the Lord say such a thing?

Let’s understand that the Bible is written for everyone but only applies to those who will submit their lives to Jesus. What good is it to pray the “Lord’s Prayer” when you don’t mean it? For instance how can God be your Heavenly Father if He hasn’t adopted you? The Truth is He can’t. This message will help you come to the place that He will but let me warn you it is going to cause a major change in your life style. A friend of mine became very angry with our pastor after his wife found an intimate relationship with Jesus. She didn’t want to go out and party anymore like before. Her relationship with Jesus was almost too much for him.

God allowed me to be one of many who witnessed to him and got through his great intellect. Once he came to Christ as his Lord great things have happened to him. I’ll be so bold as to say he would have died over 30 years ago had he not become a born again Christian. Trust me in this for I feel cautioned by the Lord to not share more about him. He is one of my favorite people on the planet. I love him with all my heart for his life impacted mine. By the way, he was asking God, “Why me?”

Please understand we weren’t born to die and be buried in a box in a cemetery. If you and I are born again Christians before the funeral or memorial service begins we’re already with our Savior. “To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord”; “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints” are two of my favorite Bible verses. Jesus told the criminal who repented next to Him while dying on his cross, “Today, you shall be with Me in Paradise.“ Isn’t it interesting that Jesus didn’t say, “When you die they will bury you and one day I’ll come and get you.” After seeing my dad in his resurrected body in a dream four years after Jesus took him I know this scripture is true.

If you are suffering now from a terrible disease and you are a born again Christian what are you doing about it? You probably have been to a doctor and been given some medicine or have received some treatment like radiation but is that all you’re going to do? Chances are that is it for no one has preached that Jesus is willing to heal you. Everyone knows He is able but few realize He is the same yesterday, today and forever as the scriptures teach us. I know God is still in the healing business for I’ve experienced it and have been blessed to extend his hand to some suffering.

During the thirty plus years I’ve been writing what He places in my heart I’ve shared many testimonies but I will share this one again to show you just how willing the Lord is to heal. I was ministering communion at the altar rail of our church here in Destin when I came upon a woman crying. I knelt down close to her and whispered, why are you crying? She looked up and said, “I have a bad heart and when I get back to Atlanta the doctors are going to operate on me and I’m so afraid.” I said, I believe Jesus can heal hearts do you believe it too? She gave me a sobbing yes and then I placed my hand on her and simply said, “Thank you Jesus for healing her heart.”

About a month later she and her husband returned to Destin and again at the altar she asked me if I remembered her. I said no for I was taking hundreds fishing every week. Then she said, “You prayed.” I instantly pointed to the exact place at the altar where we first met. Then she said, “When I returned to Atlanta the doctors couldn’t find a thing wrong with my heart.” Glory!

Jesus honored our faith and like the woman who touched his garment power poured from our Lord to her. He is still doing this all over the world as I write this for you. So, before you go to the Lord with a “Why me Lord” why not give your life totally to Him and become born again of His Spirit.

By the faith He’s given you accept the benefits of the horrible suffering He endured. His stripes provide healing and His Blood washes us as clean as new snow. His victory over Satan is ours too. We are told, “Greater is He that is in you than he [the devil] who’s in the world.” Do you believe it? If you do, go to Jesus the Great Physician first. He is our healer!

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment