Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

FLYING WITH JESUS

FLYING WITH JESUS

How about it folks, do you want to fly with the Lord? Any Jesus that can walk on water can fly too. I look forward to the shout promised in 1st Thessalonians 4: 13-18. If you aren’t familiar with these verses read them today for they will give you a “lift”. There are some who don’t believe this will happen anytime soon and I respect them. They are going to be the most surprised when in a split second they are zooming upwards to meet Jesus in the clouds. The last verse says to comfort one another with these words.

God knows what He is doing for all who are His are comforted like He wants. If you aren’t comforted please read carefully what He is giving me for you here. He loves you with an incredible love and it’s called agape or unconditional. This means even though you may be a terrible sinner like I was He wants you for a son or daughter. Yes, He wants to adopt you into His eternal family. Can you grasp this? I bet most can’t but trust me Jesus paid for your sinfulness. It was His Blood that God would use to wash us as clean as new snow. It took a while to wash me and that is why I love Him so much. “He who has been forgiven much, loves much” applies to me.

What will happen if you don’t accept God’s offer of forgiveness and inclusion into His family? The Bible says you will be judged with all sinners at the Great White Throne. Just outside of it is a pass way to Hell. It says angels will grab you and toss you into a fire that doesn’t consume. Jesus said this place was a place of torment. Why make a mockery of His death for you by turning your back on Him. You are not too bad for Him to save you, listen to John 3:16 from the Amplified Bible my favorite.

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Now listen to verse 36 of the same chapter and it should make you fearful.

And he who believes in (has faith in, clings to, relies on) the Son has (now possesses) eternal life. But whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son will never see (experience) life, but [instead] the wrath of God abides on him. [God's displeasure remains on him; His indignation hangs over him continually.]

Why would anyone not take God up on His wonderful offer is a mystery to me. Hopefully you are being led right now to surrender your all to Jesus for no one has a guarantee of another day here on earth. Only God knows when we are going to die and He isn’t telling us in advance. As I write now there are thousands taking their last breath here in America I want everyone to go to Heaven but Jesus said only a few will make it. He said, “I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one can come up to the Father but by Me. Do you believe Him? Lord, I hope so.

Christianity is not a religion it is an intimacy with God through a living faith in Jesus. Many denominations are way off base and can or should I say will lead you to death. One highly thought of by some believes that Jesus and Satan are brothers. They have Bibles but go by their own book or books. One thing that should be a red flag is they “require” a 10% tithe. In the Old Testament the last Book Malachi there is an admonition to not rob God of offerings and tithes. There is a promise with it that says, “God will open the windows of Heaven and pour out a blessing until there is no more need.“

May I remind you this is the Old Covenant made between God and Moses and the people of Israel. In the New Covenant [Testament] we see in Acts where some brought much more than 10%. Personally I go by the Words in the New where we are told “The sons of God are those who follow the Spirit of God.” Whatever God wants from me He has it instantly.

Did you know that the moment you surrender your life to Jesus you are handing over all you have or hope to have too? Folks, He is buying us with His Blood. If you want to know what you are worth consider what His Blood is worth. You have become “priceless” and should never forget that we have become the “servants” of God with an eternal future in Heaven. If you forget God will discipline you, if you’re truly His. This is why I beg God to discipline me for I know it confirms He is my Heavenly Father. Because I ask it is always gentle even when He could take me to the woodshed.

What possessions do we have that is worth not going to Heaven? Nothing should be your answer. If it is, prepare to fly with Him. If you need me I’ll be here until He calls my name. Please pray for me! Glory Hallelujah!

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

1 comment: