Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

GODLESS CHRISTIANITY

Don’t let the title scare you away for within this message you will discover how the Lord sees us who claim to be His. I’m shocked as to how so many can go to their denominational church forever and still can’t give a viable testimony. Do you know what that means? I do for I was as lost as a goose in a snowstorm for nearly 33 years. When my wife met Jesus in our living room some 38 years ago the Lord got all of my attention. I felt that my work in the church and my saying “I believe in Jesus” was all there was until then. Was I ever wrong for I could now see the glow on her face even in the dark.
Before this meeting she was like me, “ a good Christian”. Or, as some have witnessed to me, Why, I never killed anyone. Folks let me tell you, God considers it murder when we sincerely hate someone. If this shocks you, He also considers it adultery when we lust after someone. You see, God looks upon our hearts and has told us sin is conceived in our hearts, then we act them out to our shame and detriment. Did you know God says the wages of sin is death? He isn’t kidding, and as soon as this sinks in, please go to your knees and find His abundant forgiveness. If you aren’t willing, you best go to the cross and spend sometime with Jesus. After you see Him dying in your place, you will seek God’s forgiveness hopefully with tears.
Did you know that Christianity is really Jesus living inside us? He comes after we repent and are forgiven by God. He comes in us to “live again” by giving us the gift of eternal life. Did you know He said we must be born again? You can read it for yourself in John chapter 3. Did you know the vast majority of Christians never read their Bibles? If they do, it’s only on some extra special occasion. I can tell you why they don’t, God isn’t leading them. Why should He lead someone to read His Word prayerfully when He knows they won’t obey Him? No one can fool God and anyone who tries, is a fool. I used to be one! I did things that I’m so ashamed of now, and had I realized He was watching me, I wouldn’t have done them at the point of a loaded gun. I would have said, “Go ahead and shoot.”
Do you drive to worship services like a Christian? How about when you leave, do you race to a restaurant to beat other Christians to the tables? Sorry, but I’m guilty of that too. How I wish I hadn’t, but unless we guard ourselves our flesh can make a mockery of our “faith”. By the way did you know there isn’t any such thing as a “Catholic faith”, “Episcopal faith”, Baptist faith”, etc? Faith can’t be divided up like a garden where you plant different vegetables. There is only one Farmer and we just cast His seeds, the Gospel. God made the Gospel simple to “confound the wise.” Are you one of the wise? I sure hope not, these folks are more likely to wander into error. I can name some large denominations that have strayed so far from the Truth they are “very” lost. I often pray the Lord will send the Holy Spirit to them for ONLY HE can bring them back to Jesus.
Did you know you can’t argue anyone into Christianity? I tried a long time ago when I didn’t know any better. Most folks attending dead churches are there only because their moms and dads went there. They will defend them to the hilt for the sake of their parents or grandparents who are no longer alive. God won’t make puppets of us but He will listen to prayer. If you are moved to pray for someone who has religion but no flow of God’s love don’t give up. As long as they are breathing they can be saved. The criminal on the cross next to Jesus is an excellent example. At the last second his eyes were opened to realize his sinfulness and that Jesus was His Messiah. When he asked to be remembered, Jesus saved Him.
Here’s a test for you. Do you love anyone or thing more than Jesus? If you do I can assure you, your name isn’t in the Book of Life “yet“. Once we are born again we instantly love Him the most. This enables us to love the unlovable, even horrible criminals in a jail. I‘ve been there and done that. Before I was born again there wasn’t anyway in the world I could love them, especially since my brother was blown up with a bomb set by one. I could even pray God would forgive them and save them from an eternity in hell.
Can you believe that God said He desires that all men repent and be saved? He gave Jesus up to abuse, death and shame on a cross to accomplish it. Did you know God raised Jesus from the dead three days later? Because He did, you and I can live forever with Him in Heaven. I love Him. Do you love Him too? If you do, let love pour out where He sends you for many thirst for Him. By the way, read your Bible prayerfully for He wants to talk to you. He will meet with you as you seek His fellowship. I promise!
In His Service,
Capt. Ben Marler
captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment