Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

As a business man I’m well aware of this important adage. Unless your operation is very special or in great need by your customers you’d better seek the best place to organize it. Well lets see if it will apply this to our labors for the Lord too. Once we surrender our lives to Jesus we become His servants. I’m assuming you aren’t buried down in religion, for if you are quick sand would be a better state for you. Religion is so deadly it should be avoided at all costs. For sake of explanation allow me to say that religion is anything “man made” that makes you think you can earn God’s favor by doing it or not doing it. It’s also where a few control you.

God chose us and we should stand up and shout when we learn He did. Can you imagine what that will mean to you one day when you are a part of a few who will come before the Father in a formal setting? On a very special day God will acknowledge us before all His holy angels in Heaven. He will say, “Enter now into the Joy of Your Master for you fed Me when I was hungry. You gave Me drink when I was thirsty. You clothed Me when I was naked. You came and visited Me when I was sick and in prison. You invited Me in when I arrived as a stranger. Yes, when you did it to the least of My brothers, you did it unto Me.

Not one of us know in our hearts we deserve to be there. But when we look at Jesus and can still see His wounds from the crown of thorns and nails our love will flow like a river to Him. How could we deserve such honor and favor? It came from God as we placed our trust in Jesus and surrendered our lives so He could use us. If you want to see this in the scriptures look at Ephesians 2:10 my very favorite verse. God gave me the eyes to see it as my marching orders decades ago and it is just as important to me today as then.

One of the things it did for me is free me to simply obey Him and not sit around trying to figure out what I could do for the Lord. It will do the same for anyone. God’s Word is universal and someone in Africa, Asia, Europe will also find it to be true. Location doesn’t matter here but it sure does as to where you’re called to serve God in a fellowship.

We’ve been told by Paul that we are part of the body of Christ and all the parts are equally important. You are needed “somewhere” to fulfill God’s purposes. Have you ever thought about that? Most haven’t they just go faithfully to their “church” and give their hearts to God. The problem is we have gifts, talents and abilities that are unique to us alone. God gave them to us when we were being fashioned in the womb by Him so we could offer them back in service. He gave us our identity too, finger prints.

Let’s consider what the Lord is doing now OK? Do you think God needs us to worship Him? If you do, think for a second on how many millions of angels are already surrounding Him in Heaven as I write this message. The Bible calls them myriads and myriads. You can bet there are more than we can count. So, why are we still here now that God has adopted us?

Take a deep breath and say, to serve God. You are 100% right for no one else is here to do it for Him. We all have our own service to perform. Most consider themselves unable to do anything like this, and again they are right. Jesus said, “We can do nothing apart from Him.“ There are lots of folks who haven’t read this or seem to be ignoring it. Let me confess, I’ve been busy doing things God didn’t’ tell me to do. The way I knew it’s was my zeal and love for Him was the lack of fruit afterwards.

I know He wasn’t angry with me for when I acknowledged it He simply smiles and says, “Ben get in line.” Isn’t He absolutely wonderful? If you can’t say Amen then you need to come to know Him intimately. This word means “inside” to me. When Jesus came inside me I was a brand new person instantly. I’d been a “Christian” for almost 33 years but like an unwed maid I was childless. Now that the Lord has taken possession of me He has reached many with the Gospel through me.

One day He will show me how many came to salvation by what He did. I’d asked for 1,000,000 long ago but later thought better about it and said, “Lord, if I get them and you tarry please allow me to get another million. You know, I believe I’m working on that second million now. For over 35 years He has been giving me messages to write for His Church.

Will you ask now for a definite number? I can assure you He will help you get them. He loves everyone and wants you to love them for Him.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com captben61@yahoo.com captben6@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment