Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

UNDERSTANDING GOD'S FORGIVENESS

Amazing Grace Lyrics

John Newton (1725-1807)
Stanza 6 anon.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.



Can you sing this song with all your heart knowing that God has forgiven you? If you can’t please read the message accompanying this reminder of God’s Amazing Grace.



UNDERSTANDING GOD’S FORGIVENESS

What so many people don’t understand is God’s willingness to forgive any sinner who will truly repent of their sinful life. His grace [undeserved mercy] is the center piece of the Gospel.

He gave up His only Son the Lord Jesus Christ to die on a cross so we won’t have to die an eternal death.
The simplicity of the message has been lost in many religious denominations including I fear in the largest one of all. God wants a family and it isn’t found in any Church or group of them. God’s family is where the redeemed gather if in a living room or under a tree somewhere. Jesus has promised to come in the midst of 2 or three who gather in His Name. Failing to understand this can bring you to the place where you will find yourself under the control of the elite. I’m not saying all pastors are evil but I am saying many have been caught doing evil things.

Shepherds [Pastors] are raised up by God like Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists and teachers to equip the saints [the born again] to reach the world with the simple message of the Gospel. Once it is spoken the Holy Spirit is here to make it work within the heart of the listeners. My understanding of the Gospel is as follows.

For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believed on Him should not perish but shall have eternal life.”

Believing on Jesus means we understand that He is God and He came to set sinners free from the power of sin. He accomplished this in a mighty way. He took the sins of the whole world upon Himself and allowed the Romans to drive nails into His hands and feet to die on a cross. As He hung there His Blood [the payment for sin] drained from His Body. This Blood was more than enough to satisfy God’s wrath against anyone for their sins. Once this message strikes home in our hearts we have been programmed to feel sorrow for them. Then we can approach God with thanksgiving and ask Him to forgiven us. He does instantly for it is will to do so.

At this point we can invite Jesus into our hearts to be our Lord [Master]. Or, we can adopt the idea we can go on living as before with only a need to go to church sometime and repent over and over again. You and I can choose to our detriment to do the latter. God hates sin and we should too.

If we choose the first and invite Jesus into our hearts He comes by the Holy Spirit giving us a brand new life or a born again one. We are now the servants of God and consider ourselves no longer the owner of our life and possessions. We are told in the Bible we are stewards who will one day give an accounting to Him. If we fail in these responsibilities He isn’t going to disown us but He will bring discipline proving we are His children.

I believe the problem of not being constant fellowship with Jesus is this matter of understanding forgiveness. If you truly appreciate the level of brutality leveled on Him with the scourge, crown of thorns, beatings and nails there is no way we are going to willingly sin against Him. If we mess up and sin the Holy Spirit reminds us instantly of God’s promise in 1 John 1:9. A wise man will memorize this verse.

If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].

I hate to use it for I know I’ve disappointed the Lord again. How much I don’t want to do that. I consider myself a servant of God and know deep in my heart that sin by any of His children hurts Him. If one of my daughters or grandchildren were arrested for a crime it would hurt me in the same way. God is raising us to be part of the unblemished part of the Bride of Christ. Please read Matthew 25 and you can see what Jesus has to say to the virgins. One thing for sure sinners won’t be there. This is why it is so important to be forgiven by God while we’re still breathing.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment