Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

ZERO CHRISTIANITY

ZERO CHRISTIANITY

Fasten your seat belt when you read this message for it’s going to be quite a ride. I’m convinced the majority of folks who claim to be Christians aren’t even close to being one. If you want to know what’s a real Christian, look at Jesus. He’s the Only One we’re to follow. He gave up Himself to be murdered on a cross, spilling His Blood for us. No one else has even come close in loving us. He alone is our Savior and we should love Him a bit more each day. If we can, real Christianity is being formed within us. Out of our bellies will flow His love to refresh the world.

Do you recall we only have two commandments? These two covered the 10 God gave to Moses for the Israelites as they left Egypt for the promised land. If you recall not only could they not keep them but the religious leaders continually added more rules. The 10 were perfect and didn’t need any “improvement”. Even today anyone following them will do well. The only problem following the rules, you still can’t make it to Heaven. God doesn’t want any braggarts as pride is the most hateful thing in His sight.

He’s made it possible to live a brand new life beginning now if we would simply accept by faith that Jesus loves us. He proved it by taking our sins upon Himself as He hung upon His cross. Until we can see them there, we will accept a “Christian” religion, a lousy substitute for the intimacy God’s offering. Today’s “Christian religion” is Zero Christianity.

It’s a worthless exercise unless we’re doing what Jesus said, “to take care of widows and orphans in their need and keep ourselves unstained from this world“. How many folks do you personally know who’re doing it? Perhaps the better question would be, are you doing it? Now don’t get unset for I’m not saying we are earning our salvation, Jesus did that. I am saying “faith without works is dead.“ The key thing here is we are to do the works planned by God for us. [Eph. 2:10] Did you know Jesus said, “The things I do are the things I see the Father doing.” Jesus could see through the Father’s eyes and we can too, if we’re born again. I suspect most don’t understand this term so please allow me to explain it to you.

The moment we repent, having come to the conclusion we are sinners, understanding that Jesus suffered horribly for us, can we come to God humbly asking forgiveness. In His faithfulness, He not only forgives us but He forgets our sins too. Then He has the record of them erased from the Books to be opened on Judgment day. We are now as clean as new snow. At last we can invite Jesus to come into our hearts [life] as Lord and we become born again. Of course He’s our Savior too and we’ll discover this when He tells the Father on Judgment Day that we’re His. As our Savior we are protected from God’s wrath. It’s going to be poured out on everyone who has refused to accept the free gift of eternal life by faith in Jesus.

I hope and pray you’ll go to God in prayer and ask Him to remove every speck of religion that’s in you. By this I mean all of your understanding that you must do work to gain His love and acceptance. He has things for us to do that will bring Him great joy. We know it does for while doing them we are blessed with joy. On one occasion after doing some of His business He gave me far too much. I was as drunk as if I had spent the whole night drinking. I drove home all over the road in my little VW. I’m grateful there wasn’t a deputy near by for I would have been taken to jail for sure.

These experiences confirmed to me I’m His servant. One day He will say “Ben, well done my good and faithful servant, enter now into the joy of your Master.” [Matthew 25] I meet Christians all the time who are wondering if they’re going to Heaven when they die. When I’d asked they would say, “I hope so.” If you’re one of them please take heart God has Heaven prepared for you and all who are born again.

The Holy Spirit is within us and who could be more welcome in Heaven than the Holy Spirit? Rejoice daily if God has allowed you to see Jesus dying in your place. If He hasn’t [yet], pray and pray until He does. One day while ministering to two women He allowed me to see the crucifixion in a vision. That day I fell in love with Jesus as I melted in tears.

It’s up to us as to where we’ll spend eternity. My prayer is that all who reads this message will surrender their life to Jesus, receiving Him as Lord if they haven‘t already done so. [John 1:12] This is a good memory verse.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment