Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

THE FACE OF GOD

I believe all born again Christians will soon be able to see the Lord’s face. Paul tells us of being lifted up in the “rapture” or great snatch where those who are now resting in Christ will be joined with the living to meet with the Lord “in the air”. You can read this promise in 1st Thessalonians 4: 13-18. Many have heard of the rapture but I’m convinced even fewer are preparing for it which amazes me. Perhaps after this message is released more will and better for we have little time left.
Did you know Jesus said, “My mother, brothers and sisters are those who hear the Word of God and do it“? Read Mark 3 and you can see it for yourself. His family had come to take Him back home thinking He had lost His mind. Can you believe that? It’s difficult for me for surely they saw or heard of the mighty miracles of healings that were received by those who came near. So many came He told His disciples to keep a boat nearby for His escape, for the crowds were pressing in on Him threatening to crush Him. They knew if they could touch Him their disease would be gone.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people were pressing to get into our worship services today for the same reason? They don’t for we don’t believe the Bible. We might say we do but do we awaken each day to read from it? If you are one of the minority that does, aren’t you more confident in God’s promises? You bet you are and you’ve found, as I have, that the Holy Spirit meets us to teach and inspire us to do the works of God. There is no way to be more prepared for Him than to be doing God’s works. Have you ever read Ephesians 2: 8-10 verses together? Countless preachers wear out verses 8-9 but omit 10. Is this why few are in the fields “white for harvest”?
If you’re a born again Christian, one who has died to your will and have come alive to the will of God by receiving Jesus by faith into your heart, you are still here to labor for the Lord. No, you aren’t earning your salvation, you don’t have to, Jesus did that while hanging on His cross. The Blood that poured from Him was full payment for the sins of the whole world.
Instead of worshipping Him for dying for us we can be led astray to “religious nonsense.“ If you allow yourself to be side tracked from a devotion to Jesus, I can’t help you. Ask yourself, Do I know Jesus? Either you do or you don’t. Sure you believe in Him or you wouldn’t have read this far. But that isn’t the question. Do you know Him and more importantly, does Jesus know you?
I beg you to read Matthew 25 and see what Jesus is saying here. It isn’t open to interpretation as far as I’m concerned. Do you want to be snatched up when He shouts with the voice of the arch-angel? Or, do you want to go through the coming Tribulation. I believe it has already started by the evidence of earthquakes, tsunami’s, world wide unrest, rampant diseases spreading over countries and now the volcanic eruptions in Iceland that is causing major damage in western Europe. I hate to say it, but we haven’t seen anything yet, for much worse is coming. I’m not trying to depress anyone but to alert “Christians” to go to Jesus now for the new birth.
Baptism is a “picture” of what happens when we’re born again. The water is a grave [we only place dead people in graves, right?] then, as the believer is uplifted from the grave they’re able to ingest the air or Life giving HOLY SPIRIT. Do you think He comes into live people? I don’t think He does, for then He couldn’t lead them into the “works” of God. They would always place their will before His, except on special occasions. Have you noticed how church attendance picks up on Christmas and Easter? I’m deeply concerned for these folks for some are dying even as I write this morning. If you’re a born again Christian don’t you have a testimony, that when linked to John 3:16 or Romans 10: 9-10 or 1st John 5: 11-12, can bring life to the lost? If you do, then Do It!
I long to see Jesus’ face and will I’m sure. If I’m not here for the rapture, one day He’s going to bring me home for I’ve placed my full trust in Him and what He accomplished for me. All that I’ve done [which isn’t much] will be mentioned on the day He examines me. I will be judged but not for my countless sins. He paid for them with much pain and suffering. This is the reason I love Him, “He who has been forgiven much, loves much.“
How about you? Did you sin a lot too? Come join me in worshipping Jesus. He told Phillip, “Phillip don’t you know that when you see me you’ve seen the Father? For I am in the Father and the Father is in Me.“ When you see Jesus you’ve seen the face of God too. Glory Hallelujah!
In His service,
Capt. Ben Marler
captben61@gmail.com

1 comment: