Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

OUR PATIENT HEAVENLY FATHER

How many folks do you believe have been saved out of the billions created? Personally, I don’t think there were very many. Jesus has told us, many are called but few are chosen. He said only a few go through the door [Himself] but many more would go by the wide way which leads to death. This is an awesome statement for we like to think that God is too good to send anyone to hell. Have you ever heard that before? I have a number of times by the ignorant. John 3:16 tells us that, “God so loved the world [all whom He created] that He gave His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ to the end that all who would believe on Him should not perish but have eternal life.”

The problem is few have been brought to believe upon Him [the facts of His birth, death and resurrection] for them personally. Religion has raised its ugly head through the centuries creating barriers to intimacy. How I wish the scripture, “God made the Gospel simple to confound the wise” was widely known and understood. All who bring religion into the mix are only laying on man made rules. Did you know we who surrender to Jesus do not go by the Old Testament’s rules? They were given to bring a people to God from a 450 year time of servitude to the Egyptians. They had no idea who God was, and when Moses told them about Him he said, “His Name is I AM.” We who are Christians have a far greater knowledge of Jesus.

Allow me to say, it’s very important we read and learn from the Old Testament for it’s the foundation for our discipleship. Try that word on for size. Are you a disciple of Jesus or do you claim to be an Anglican, Baptist, Catholic etc? I’m saying this for you could be the best Anglican, Baptist or Catholic in the world and not please God in the least.

I lived as an Episcopalian for nearly 33 years but didn’t know Jesus. I certainly knew lots about Him but He didn’t possess me. That happened on May 23rd in 1971. Can you see He was very patient with me?. I marvel over just how much! He’s being patient with your loved ones too, Amen?

The greatest thing we can do for God is obey Him. That’s what disciples are to do. Do you remember Judas? He obeyed Jesus “to a point” but hadn’t surrendered His all to Him. If he had, there isn’t anyway he would have betrayed Him. I see more patience shown in their relationship than even with me. Jesus knew Judas inside and out and God the Father told Him to chose him when He was assembling the apostles.

I wonder why God does things like this but in my heart I know, His ways are best. I have a secret hope that perhaps the Lord has placed in my heart.

When Judas killed himself, he like all the other “dead” went to the place of departed spirits. If you recall the Bible tells us Jesus went to this place during the three days His body lay in the tomb. Afterwards He led forth a host of captives, could Judas be with them? I hope so.

He may not for his anger at himself must have been huge for following the devil who led him to commit the sin that overshadows all of his brothers sins. Did you know all sin is sin to God. This terrible betrayal by Judas is no more damning than those we’ve committed. God says the wages of sin is death, all sin, not what we call big or little or white or black ones. Grab hold of this for until you do, Satan can run and ruin your life.

I don’t fear any thing now for the Bible tells me “Perfect love casts out fear.” Who do you think is Perfect Love? No one but Jesus Himself, who comes by His Spirit to live in us when we repent and receive Him as Lord. If you and I still want to fear, God will be patient with us, but not for long.

Did you know that all born again Christians carry about inside them God Himself? That’s what it means to be born again from above. Read John 3 and ask God to let you see the Truth. We should be careful where we take Him for He may not want to go there. And, we should follow the Holy Spirit to where He wants us to go. God uses folks like us to do great and mighty works “if” we’re obedient and bold. Are you willing, tell Him!

Now, the reason God is patient is to teach us to be patient with others. Sometimes I’m so impatient wanting God to do something now. His ways aren’t mine but His own, and His thoughts are far higher too. That is the understatement of the century. The Creator of the Cosmos and beyond it knows everything even before it happens. He knew you would have read this message and what your response will be. I don’t, but my prayer is that it has made a huge change in your life so you can become a better and more faithful servant of Jesus, a patient disciple.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment