Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WALKING BY FAITH

WALKING BY FAITH
“Who me? Walk by faith, you must be kidding. I have eyes and a good mind and if I can’t see it, I’m not going to believe.” Lots of folks don’t utter these words but deep down inside that’s exactly how they feel. The evidence is everywhere. How many people do you know live as if they believe the Bible is true? Most might believe it’s the “Good Book” but that’s about all. If they believed it was the Word of God, given to us so we could have fellowship with Him and eternal life, they would believe in all He says within it.

There are things we see everyday that might cause us to fall from fellowship with the Lord. He won’t release us from His family, but like the prodigal, He will allow us to go just far enough to see that all there is beyond Him is hog food. Some folks spend fortunes eating out when they really don’t have the means. With what one meal costs they could buy a week or two worth of groceries. Some also leave tips that’s are huge when they wouldn’t give a dime to the work of the Lord. I’m not against restaurants and waiters for one of my grand daughters is an excellent waitress who earns more money in a night than I did working for Vitro services in a week when still at FSU.

The equipment we used could track a B 47 bomber 75 miles off Destin. I was happy one day when the pilot began his turn to the left for he was disappearing from view in the 12 power tracking binocular on my side of the Contraves Photo- Theodolite. I can assure you, I also operated on a lot of faith when I had to load and unload movie cameras inside a black bag. In this case the bomber was making a 30 mile circuit between runs where it would make simulated “toss bombing” runs off our coast. Time was very short between them and the three cameras ate film at 30 frames a second.

If you’re one who’s struggling with your faith, and everyone does sooner or later, you need to take this up with the Lord today. Nothing is more important if you call yourselves a Christian. Hebrews 11:6 is so incredibly important I’ve memorized it. “For without faith man can not please God for we must believe that HE IS and that HE IS a rewarder of them that “diligently“ seek Him.“ He also tells us faith comes from reading and hearing the Words of Jesus. Are you reading the Bible and listening when He’s uplifted? If you aren’t, how do you expect to walk by faith and not by sight? I don’t believe you can.

Religion might allow you to walk by sight but God won’t. He tells us we must be like a child to even enter into the Kingdom of God. Do you think a child checks out the food his or her mom is feeding them? They might not like it, but if hungry enough, they’ll eat it and may even learn to like it. When our daughters were little we had to cover the yellow and green stuff with applesauce. It’s “sweetness” allowed them to eat the vegetables which they needed to be healthy.

God is willing to give us some sweetness too if we’re hungry enough. Through the decades from time to time He has given me revelation on something that thrilled my soul. It encouraged me to get up daily and read what I’ve read countless times before. What I can see, but sometimes others can’t, is from a faith that can’t be bought. It’s like He is adding gold dust into my account when I read. The dust is so fine it’s almost invisible until it lands upon a mound of it where it adds to the value and weight.

How much is in your account? Not much, if you aren’t reading the Bible. If you start in Genesis it won’t be long before you’ll stop. So, do yourself a favor and begin with the Gospel of John or First John which is right before the Book of Revelations. As you read, ask the Holy Spirit it teach you for it’s He who gives us revelation. He’s in love with you and cares that you become a devout follower of Jesus. This means you will seek to walk daily as if you were in the party of disciples closest to the Lord. You’ll be surprised as to how often you’ll find yourself walking in His sandals.

I’ve walked a lot in them, and looking back, those were the best days of my life. He’s promised me that one day He’s going to lift me up and I’ll be with my loved ones who’ve gone before. I believe Him and I don’t fear death at all. “I Am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me even if He die yet shall he live. Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.“ Do you believe Him too? If you are, you’re already walking by faith in Jesus.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
http://captben61.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again Capt Ben. By the Grace of God it is my prayer to always walk by faith. I know that Jesus will always be there to lead me back on that path when I wonder off due to my everyday flaws. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you and lead all of us in the service of our Lord Jesus.

    Your Brother in Christ Jesus,
    Dion

    ReplyDelete