Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

CHRISTIANITY ISN’T A POPULARITY CONTEST

Bookmark and Share


CHRISTIANITY ISN’T A POPULARITY CONTEST

We’d really be weird if we didn’t want folks to like us. Many try hard to make friends and are very successful. Some who try can’t even get a puppy to like them. After 39 years of serving the Lord, as good as I can, I’ve failed miserably in creating a large group of “friends”. Jesus warned us if we followed Him we would be persecuted. Reading the Bible we see this is true. Paul had some very close friends but far more enemies. Reading his letters to the Churches clearly bears this out. I suspect when we arrive in Heaven we will see he was greatly rewarded. How about you, do you have lots of friends? I hope you do, and all are working for Jesus.

Do you remember the story of the Prodigal? When he left home with a sizable fortune [half his dad’s wealth] he went to a foreign country where he had loads of friends until his money ran out. I suspect many are like that today. They’re desperate for love and when in a bar or restaurant buy everyone a round of drinks. For a few moments the claps on the back and the cheers that embrace him makes it seem the expenditure was worth it, but trust me, it was a waste. We have only One true friend and that’s Jesus.

Please don’t think I’m saying we can’t have friends for we all do. I have a tiny number that I can count on for anything at anytime. They truly love me and I love them too. They have shown me their affection by being there for me when I was truly hurting. They didn’t have compassion but empathy which means they actually hurt with me. I hope in your group there are some like these treasured souls.

Jesus is always with me for He’s in me. If you aren’t born again, He isn’t in you. Religion has taken the place of intimacy; I know for I was very religious until I melted before Him. Lets get the rubber on the road, have you experienced the New Birth? The Bible tells us we become a New Creation when we die to our old life and are filled with His. Has that happened to you? You aren’t answering to me but to the One who is having me write this message.

God loves everyone, actually He’s in love with us. He proved it by sending Jesus to the Cross to die. Had Jesus not shed His Blood on the cross not one person could be saved, not the Pope, Billy Graham, or even St. Paul. Please understand, our sins have condemned us to hell. Only the Blood of Jesus can wash us clean. God does this “after” we surrender our lives to Christ.

The vast majority of folks calling themselves Christians haven’t experienced salvation. If you don’t believe me, ask “Christians” you meet to share their testimony. When I do it I hear over and over, “My religion is personal“. Well I’m sure it is, but can it be the relationship with Jesus offered by God? I have to question it for part of the “deal” is we are to share our testimonies as led by the Holy Spirit. If this wasn’t true, why are you still here after being born again? The instant Jesus cleansed you with His Blood and entered your heart, you’re a citizen of Heaven. All those who refuse Jesus will be turned away. I don’t enjoy writing this, but it’s the TRUTH. Can you see why some folks don’t like me? They didn’t like Jesus either and He’s the TRUTH. He’s also the “only” WAY and the LIFE. If He isn’t in you consider yourself lost.

In Romans 6 you can read what Baptism is all about. The water is a grave and we are to be buried in it [hard to do if sprinkled]. When uplifted we breath air [Spirit] which can sustain life. The Holy Spirit is Eternal Life. Oxygen in our air supplies the main ingredient for physical life. Air without oxygen will cause death in short order. Christianity without the Holy Spirit will also kill you. “The wages of sin is death” and until we “receive Jesus we’re dead in God’s sight even when walking about. It’s like dead men and women walking and most don’t know it. This message can fix that.

God says, “Friendship with the world is enmity with Him.” If you’re in love with your possessions, are in pursuit of more, I hope you’ll go on your knees to God admitting it. Wealth isn’t sinful, as a matter of fact, we need extra wealth to help those whom the Lord shows us who are in need for we can’t give away what we don’t have. The Government does for we are being heavily taxed so the “rulers” in Congress can buy votes.

Jesus isn’t into buying your vote but winning your heart. He’s always there for you 24/7 and will be there to claim you on Judgment Day. You and I can get to make the choice. Will you become born again? If you haven’t do it now. Do you need help, please ask.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
captben61.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Being born again really feels like receiving a second chance at life...I have never felt my heart feel so light and innocent, and so cleansed inside. I wish I could always have that feeling, which I am sure I will in heaven.

    ReplyDelete