Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A GOD NOT FAR AWAY

Bookmark and Share


A GOD NOT FAR AWAY

Christianity is a lot of things to many people but one thing for sure, everyone born again is alive forever. Our God lives within us for He is One with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Jesus told Phillip, “Why do you ask me to show you the Father, do you not know I’m in the Father and He is in Me? When you see Me you see the Father. Well folks, if we are truly born again we should be able to say the same thing. Do you want to see Jesus, then look at me. Now some will get down right upset that I said that but it’s true.

When we “received Jesus” [John 1:12] His Spirit [the Holy Spirit] came inside us just as like taking a breath for He is [Breath]. You can see this when Jesus breathed upon His disciples after His Resurrection. 10 were in a small room debating what was going to happen to them now that Jesus was killed on the cross. They were frightened and wisely so. The Sanhedrin wanted them dead too for they were dangerous to their cause. By now Judas, the betrayer, had hung himself and wasn’t there. Neither was Thomas and we don’t know why but I believe God orchestrated it. For we know that later when he “finally” believed he said to Jesus, “My Lord and my God”. Jesus didn’t correct him and won’t correct us either when we proclaim Jesus as Lord and God. Romans 10: 9-10

He had boldly stated that he wouldn’t believe Jesus was alive unless he could place his finger in the holes in His hands and his hand in His side. He was offered the opportunity but fell on his knees instead to worship Jesus. Jesus commented on how blessed it was to actually see Him but how much more blessed it was to not see Him and believe. Few have seen the Lord since that day. Paul had some exciting experiences and they were enough to turn him from an antagonist to arguably the best of the disciples. His labors to the Gentiles are still bearing fruit today as we read the letters he sent to the Churches.

I saw Jesus’ form [not His face] just one time as He revealed Himself in a dream. As I knelt on the floor of our church before the altar I looked up to where a cross hung suspended on wire. All at once the cross began to turn and point towards me. I said, huh! Then it returned to the first position. Then it pointed at me again causing me to say, huhhh! Then Jesus appeared to the right of it and begin to descend to where I was kneeling. I lowered my head inches from the floor and saw His right foot come slowly around my head where He allowed the ball on His foot to graze my lips.

I felt something like electricity and said, Huhhhh! Then He withdrew His foot and brought it around again brushing them again with the same feeling. I thought to myself, He’s healing my throat [I have a speech impediment] but heard Him say, “Do Not Waste Your Time.” I awoke and was greatly thrilled for I’d been permitted to kiss His foot. Actually, I wanted to bathe both feet in kisses with tears. Like Mary Magdalene, who was also forgiven so much, I had been forgiven much. This dream was at least 30 years ago and I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

Jesus is real and very interested in every aspect of our lives. Until we surrender [die to our old life] we simply can’t have His. You can admire Him from afar, countless millions do, but He won’t come inside us until we are willing to live in Him and for Him. This is what it means to be born again of His Spirit and with God’s fire. Luke 3:16 is never preached and should be often.

“John answered them all by saying, I baptize you with water; but He Who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of Whose sandals I am not fit to unfasten. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.”

Jesus has so much for us to do after we are born again. He is going to supply the power for us to do it too. All we have to do is ask for it. He once said after listing what a father would give his child [bread and not a stone] “How much more would the Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask.”

I’ve discovered that He is willing to give us not only the power but the plan too. I challenge anyone who is born again to go before God admitting Ephesians 2:10 is for them and asking to be used. It’s like scales fall from our eyes and we can begin to see needs that He wants us to minister. I’ve used it for over 35 years now and when He takes me I will still be doing it.

Is Jesus in you? Do you want Him inside leading you minute by minute? You can have Him like millions do as I write. No religion, just intimacy with Him. Isn’t that what you really want? Go for it!

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com
captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment