Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

STUPIFIED CHRISTIANS

Bookmark and Share


STUPIFIED CHRISTIANS

Many won’t like the title to this message but reading could save their souls and place them with Jesus in Heaven. Have you been sold a bill of goods? Have you been told that belonging to a certain church of denomination you will be saved? Many have and I fear greatly for them. We must understand that Christianity isn’t a religion. Please chip this in stone for unless you have intimacy with Jesus there’s great danger lying before you.

The whole concept of salvation hinges upon our being born again of the Holy Spirit of God. When we are, we’ve become a “brand new” creation in God’s sight. When we were born to our parents with much fan fare and celebration our life was only temporary. Cemeteries are filling up everywhere as we can see for our bodies fail us as we age. I’m now 72 and can assure you that you should be going to a gym now. When the Lord takes you at least you’ll be in good shape. I tell my personal trainer, James Cisco, I’m going to be a really strong corpse. If you live in Destin or near by please consider his services at the Destin United Methodist Church.

God showed me my dad and my aunt Vera Walter in their “glorified” bodies in two separate dreams. Both had tremendous love for the Lord and served Him as led by the Holy Spirit. Both appeared as incredibly beautiful with a golden bronze complexion. Trust me folks, the bodies God has already prepared for us when we leave this one is awesome in everyway like theirs. I’m looking forward to leaving this one and putting on my new one. If you aren’t looking forward to yours, there’s a huge problem.

Unless you’re born again, you’re headed to judgment. I know you may want to argue for most Christians think that they can just say, “I believe in Jesus” and that’s all there is to it. You’ve been scammed if you’re one of them. We can’t take a verse or two out of the scriptures and then declare by trusting them we’re OK. Please don’t do that. I was lost for nearly 33 years but didn’t really realize it until my born again “experience” where I died to my first sinful life. The day the Lord came into my heart is easily the best day of my life. I literally felt the weight of my sins leave me. At once I knew I was now free from Satan’s control of my life. I had surrendered it to Jesus who died for me. Unless you do the same how can you expect God to save you? He won’t, because He can’t!

Jesus told Nicodemus in John chapter 3 [a must read] that we have to be born again. He didn’t understand it and obviously a billion or more “Christians” are like him. Please don’t be stuck on religion.

The first sign of our new life is a tremendous love for Jesus who’s now more than our “Savior” but our Lord too. We want to follow Him daily for it’s our new nature. Just as our flesh drove us along in following the devil, now the Holy Spirit is within us like in Romans 8 where we’re told, “The sons [daughters too] are those who follow the Holy Spirit“. Are you following Him now? Be honest for your eternal life hangs upon your answer. Please don’t think Heaven is going to be crowded. Jesus said only a few would be saved, only those who enter through Him. Do you believe Him? If you don’t, why are you still saying, “I’m a Christian”?

Did you know that when I ask folks if they are Christians they sometimes say, “I’m a Baptist, Catholic, Church of Christ” or some other denominational name? I suspect these folks are where I was for almost 33 years. Will you stay lost, if you are now? If you can’t give a salvation testimony, even a very simple one, shouldn’t you be able? If you’re wise you’ll sit down with a pen and paper and write out your experience to cherish. If you can’t, please I beg you, consider yourself still lost in your sins. You’re still in the majority and like Jesus said still lost. I’ll help anyone come to where their life is totally His.

Jesus died after a horrible beating by the Romans using a scourge. Barely able to stand He attempted to carry His cross but after falling three times a stranger had to do it. He was nailed with spikes and uplifted near naked. He suffered from the verbal abuse of Jews and Romans as well as from the crown of thorns. They were not only physically painful but degrading.

JESUS is the King of Kings! One day He’ll come again in great Glory for the world to see. Will you be with Him or stand in fear before Him as He judges you? We all have a choice for God’s amazing grace is still functioning. Please don’t turn Him down. If you do, couldn’t you be considered unwise [or stupid]? Jesus loves you with all His heart now.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler


captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment