Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE CHURCH

Bookmark and Share


WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE CHURCH

There’s an incredible number of folks who claim to be Christians and never go to worship services. I’ve met some here in Montana on this trip. When I ask where they go they spread their arms and say “right here”. They say they commune with God in the out of doors or spaces. This is terrible and only God can do something about it. Perhaps this message can help some to find their way back to fellowship and can help some stay connected.

First of all, please understand true Christianity isn’t a religion. There are many man made religions and one God made. The Jews were given a religion through Moses but when I speak with them few follow it. If they do they’re called “Ultra Orthodox”. I can understand why many remain Jews when the offer to have an intimate relationship with Jesus is made. They look at us Christians and they don’t see Jesus. Allow me to explain, where in the Bible did God say to become divided into denominations? In John 17, a must read, Jesus prays to the Father that His disciples [are you one] might be One even as He and the Father or One. Then He adds, “And not only these but all who will believe in Me through them.”

You and I can’t bring this about but we sure can pray for God to do it. Actually, He will for Jesus tells us at the end He is going to send angels to separate the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares. He points out the tares will be gathered and burned. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like that. Jesus paid the same terrible price for those who’ll be rejected as He did for those who are chosen. Odds are, the majority of folks who read this message are in danger now. If I had died within the first 33 years of my life I would be facing judgment and condemnation. God would have me cast into hell for I was black in sin. Jesus, even though I believed in Him, had not yet washed me in His Blood. His Blood is the Only thing that can remove sin. If you aren’t washed, what are you waiting on?

Religion is hateful and deadly for it attempts to take the place of God’s Gift, Jesus Christ. He alone is life. If He isn’t in you, He can be. Salvation is from the Lord but He doesn’t impose it. Folks, allow me to say, God is picky. Reading the scriptures bears this out for He chose Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Peter, Paul and many others for they would obey Him. He’s doing the same today. Did you know, Jesus said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.“ Do you think He’s kidding? He’s deadly serious. If you haven’t read Matthew 25 you must do it today. It can help save your life.

Please understand [it seems I have to keep adding this disclaimer] none of our works can save us. Jesus accomplished Salvation while hanging on the Cross. Nothing can be added to His agony and suffering. It was enough! God permitted the sacrifice of Jesus to be all that’s needed for anyone to be saved. But, the works revealed in Matthew 25 are incredibly important to God. Read His Words for yourself. You will see He rejects those not doing them. The reason is simple, Jesus isn’t in them. That’s what the oil and lamps in the chapter are speaking about. The Holy Spirit comes to live in a sinner when he or she is led to the Cross. Until we meet Jesus there how can we truly repent? WE CAN‘T!

God says we must repent [turn around with remorse] of our sins. This doesn’t mean, I’m sorry. It means God, I hate my sinful past for Jesus had to die to set me free from it. Do you know that when God forgives us He has the record of our sins removed from the Books of Judgment? He even removes them from His memory. I’m so thankful for I can also forget them, but never the agony Jesus suffered for me personally.

I’ve been in God’s employment now 39 years [I was born again 5/23/71] and His Word to me has always been the same. We must be born again. We must “have” Jesus by the Holy Spirit. He wants every Christian to be Baptized by Jesus. Please read and memorize Luke 3:16.

If you’re attending a “church” and you aren’t praying for the pastor and leadership you’re not being a good disciple. Many have been called to the ministry by the Holy Spirit and some just came to it “on their own” and the difference is huge. If your pastor isn’t following God’s Spirit, go into your prayer closet, pray for him and his family then ask the Lord if you are to stay in fellowship there. He may not want you there, God has a unique plan for everyone and you may be useful somewhere else. Read Ephesians 2:8-10. Verse 10, God says, “Come and I’ll put you to work doing my business.”

Please change every prayer into praise, one that exalts the Lord. Jesus said, “If you abide [live] in Me and My Words live in you then ask and it shall be done for you.“ Read from the scriptures daily. Make God proud of you and you’ll be part of His Church and heaven bound.

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler

captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment