Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

OPENING THE FLOOD GATES OF GOD’S GRACE

Bookmark and Share


OPENING THE FLOOD GATES OF GOD’S GRACE

The last place anyone should want to be is under the flood gates of a reservoir when it’s being drawn down. Lots of folks have drowned by not heeding the warnings. This has happened all over the place even in NW Florida. The purpose of this message is a warning of the opposite and I’m praying that everyone, born again or not, will take it very seriously.

Unless you know God, by having a born again experience, it’s difficult to understand His Love or Grace. Most Christians think of God as harsh and demanding. He will be to those who refuse His offer of forgiveness and inclusion into His family. Do you know Jesus paid a huge price for everyone ever born or yet to be born while hanging of the Cross? Most still don’t understand the brutality of the Romans who tortured Him with a scourge ripping His body to shreds. How Jesus could carry His cross for even a short distance is a mystery to me. You may remember He fell three times and finally a man passing by was forced to carry it the rest of the way.

Don’t you know God was watching from Heaven on all of this? Don’t you know He was insulted with every slur and hateful remark? You bet He was, but He had sent Jesus to endure it so you and I wouldn’t have to suffer. We deserve it for we’ve broken God’s laws over and over. Please try and understand, God created us for Himself. We weren’t born for ourselves. Anyone who thinks so can‘t find God’s mercy and grace.

The Gospel message is simple and clear for those seeking peace in their lives. Sin doesn’t supply any peace. It may have it’s moments but God created us with a conscience. Mine was constantly warning me to not do things that God hated. But I did them just as you have. The day I “received” Jesus into my heart [5/23/71] He lifted tons of shame from my back, I felt it go. Never had I felt such joy and peace. It can be yours too.

Right now there’s a smooth river of grace flowing from the Throne of God. It’s a delightful experience for anyone who will move towards it. The Holy Spirit is the flow of Grace. You can have Jesus live inside you or you can refuse. God won’t compel anyone to be saved. However, I’m convinced He hears prayer after spending two years in a jail ministry. I saw with my brother in Christ, John Moore, the prayers of moms, dads, brothers and sisters bring the criminally lost to Christ. How did this happen? Mercy from the Father of mercy and His Own Love for everyone.

Will you respond to it today? It isn’t “church” or religion so please don’t resist it. To understand God’s Love you must experience it. If you don’t have an experience, you may end up in the apostasy. This “falling away” in the in last days. Just to say, I love Jesus and I asked Him into my heart one day by holding up my hand can’t produce an “experience” for no one can know Jesus with out repentance. This means giving up of your life and going the other way. To be born again you must do that. The Baptism service is descriptive. When we’re submerged in water we’re in our grave. As we are uplifted we breathe again but now as new creatures. The Breath of God has entered into us. Like Paul said, “The mystery hidden from the ages is Christ within you, the hope of glory. Is His Breath in you?

If you were sprinkled as a baby like I was, you may not be saved. Can you believe I was nearly 33 before I surrendered to God? Where was I for all that time? I was sitting in and serving God in my church! My parents and those at my baptism promised me to God and that’s good. But in no way could I have repented as a baby. I probably needed to for I wasn’t perfect at all. I was born a sinner just like you or whoever reads this message. The Blood of Jesus is applied “after” repentance and confession of sin. If you believe otherwise, I’m going to miss you in Heaven. We must have our own experience with Jesus. When you do, you’ll want to become His servant and not simply attend a church somewhere.

What’s going to happen to those who don’t want to surrender to Jesus? Read Revelations chapters 6-8 and you can see just a portion of what God is going to bring upon mankind. The flood gates of mercy have been closed and the gates of retribution will take away any who aren’t in Jesus.

When we give ourselves to Him, we are placed in an Ark, Jesus Himself. We are eternally secure, and now with God’s anointing, we can go out and labor in the fields white for harvest. Here in Salt Lake there are many lost folks. He’s sending me out to smile and speak as His ambassador. He’s given me great power to share His awesome LOVE still flowing from the gates. Will you do the same where you are? If Jesus is first in our lives, as He demands, why wouldn’t you? There is much to be done and little time left. Let’s get started today, OK?

In His Service,

Capt. Ben Marler

captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment