Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

WHY WORSHIP JESUS

Folks, I hope this message will bring you to your knees. Jesus is God Almighty in the flesh. There is a day coming when everyone will fall on their knees and proclaim Him to be Lord, even if He wasn‘t their Lord.
At this time we need to be on our knees daily worshipping Him for He not only created us but came and died a horrible death so the Father could forgive us of our countless sins. What do you think will happen if we don’t? Do you think the Lord is going to brush off our lack of respect and adoration of His Only Begotten?
If you do, please change your mind right now for eternity could be seconds away. Not one of us knows the exact second we will die and as I write millions are close to leaving this world for the next. Some are seconds from an automobile wreck that will kill them. Others are near a massive thrombosis like the one that took my dad in 1970. I was with him a few hours earlier and he seemed fine to me. He wanted me to have lunch with him and some others but I’d planned to go to Panama City with a friend who was going to hunt in Alaska with me. A fellow with a lot of experience was going to give us some tips. I wish I had known God was going to take Him.
When I was ushered into the emergency room where my dad’s still body lay I was absolutely devastated and wept uncontrollably. Then standing next to him I recall praying, “Lord, thank you that this man was my daddy.” If anyone in the world was ready to meet Jesus that day it was him. I’ve written a lot about my dad’s devotion and labors for Jesus but the majority I never knew. Afterwards folks would tell me of ways he had blessed them. One, a young man on his way to seminary with a wife and children and no money, found in the note that my dad handed them contained a lot of it. We never knew he did this until several years later. The fellow ended up being elected the Bishop of Texas in the Episcopal Church.
My dad was in love with Jesus and I would like to know some day that my love for Him is as close. You might say, I’m working on it. You can too if you come to know Jesus. Knowing about Jesus is not knowing Jesus. Just as I feel many are still lacking intimacy and true knowledge, I too was a stranger. Jesus wants to come and live inside everyone but can’t if we refuse to repent. Please understand repentance isn’t simply saying I’m sorry. It means we recognize that our sins are hateful in the sight of God and must be washed in His Blood.
Can you see your sins on Him? If you can’t go to a quiet place where you can sit with Him. God want’s us to fall in love with Jesus not simply say, “I love Jesus.“ If anyone should ask we should be able to say Jesus is my Lord and God. He has led me to freedom to do and be all He intended when He created me. Or, I’m in the process of being led.
Jesus isn’t who most think. He isn’t the “man upstairs” or some other unflattering label. He is the One who holds the whole universe together. Please read the first chapter of Colossians for an eye opening. Every atom is bound together by His might. He created everything you see and all that you don’t see. We have submarines that can reach incredible depths and return with photos of creatures never seen before by man. Our electron microscopes reveal life forms that was only suspected before. The Hubble telescope is still opening the heavens as never before. What we can see is breathtaking. Do you understand why we should worship Him all the time?
Worship is a privilege and not a right. For us who have become born again it’s like breathing. All our thoughts and actions will hopefully bring glory to Jesus. We know He always knows what we are thinking for His Holy Spirit is within us. In Romans 8 we are told, “The sons of God are those who follow the Spirit of God.” May I humbly ask, are you doing them? If not, would you consider using the verse He gave me over 30 years ago and get busy? “For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works that God Himself prepared for us to walk in.” Ephesians 2:10
I’ve changed it from plural to first person singular, “Good morning Father, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit, I’m your workmanship etc.“ Then I commit to do whatever He has for me. Any born again Christian can do the same. If you aren’t born again you should become one today, time is wasting. If you need my help please ask for I may also be seconds away from going home now. I’ll be 72 in July and that’s a long ways past my dad’s 59. He’s waiting on me with my mom, God showed me this and I want to see Jesus face to face. Do you want to see Him?
In His service,
Capt. Ben Marler
captben61@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment