Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

DECEIVING CHRISTIANS

Bookmark and Share



DECEIVING CHRISTAINS
How do you know you are actually saved? Did you go through some church ritual and were told that now you were going to Heaven? Perhaps you raised your hand after an invitation to be saved. I’m guilty of giving some hope when now I know I probably inoculated them from coming to the born again “experience”. I gave them the Truth of the Gospel but didn’t wait on the Holy Spirit to bring them under conviction of their sins.

I wish I’d spent more time preaching the cross. Jesus died in the most horrible way for us. God sent Him to die and chose everything for He knows us. We can become very content and “cocky”. Did you know some have told me they would get saved later? They said they wanted to have some fun later. I know for a fact they have been deceived when they say things like that. I lived almost 33 years as a sinning Christian. How I wish someone had preached the Gospel and put me on my knees. Now 39 years after being born again I have an insatiable desire to bring the lost to Christ, especially those sitting on pews and chairs having their “ears tickled.“

If you’re truly born again, you feel uneasy too. Born again folks have a hunger to read the Bible. When we do the Holy Spirit becomes our teacher and reveals “spiritually” God’s Truths. While reading our faith has increased constantly. We need it for Jesus has told us we are to walk by faith and not by sight. Try and understand, Jesus walked by obedience to the Father. In Romans 8 we’re told, “The sons [daughters] of God are those who follow the Holy Spirit.“ Do you offer your life to God each morning? You can for it will give you more joy than you can handle sometimes.

Jesus had no trouble attracting a crowd. He must have been smiling all the time for He knew who He was and He knew He was pleasing the Father. His smile was a great tool in drawing those hurting and in need. There wasn’t medical clinics and high tech medical compounds available like we have here in America. Many quality medical supplies are available at stores like Dollar Tree which cost only one dollar.

Jesus is God and when He spoke to illnesses and diseases they left. One of my favorite stories is when ten lepers came to him with their flesh rotting off their bones. No one would come near them but Jesus did. He simply said go and show your selves to the Priest who can declare you clean. They believed him and after walking a ways they were instantly cleansed. Only one returned to thank Him and he was a half-breed Samaritan. This bothered Him for He asked, “Where are the other nine?” They were so excited and relieved they were like many of us and forgot the mercy they had received. Have you been thankful for God’s blessings? Do you awaken with thanksgiving for His love and protection? If you don’t could it be that you are in need of being born again? Do you know that no one but the born again will be in Heaven?

When we “die” to this life and become born again of His Spirit we have every sin erased and forgotten by God. The Blood of Jesus has washed us clean and acceptable to God. Did you know even one sin is enough to cause one to be sent to Hell? No one has just one but thousands or more. Do you feel clean now? I’m pushing you for your eternal life is hanging in the balance. Why should I care? My Heavenly Father cares and He’s left me here to be a “fisher of men”. I take His Words seriously and can tell you I sleep well for I know “If I should die before I wake an angel will to Heaven take me.“ I didn’t know that in the first part of my life. Let me be clear about one thing, all the works in the world can’t save us, they define us.

Do you think people who do hateful and mean things are saved? Of course not? Do you do things that you are ashamed? If you should instantly the Holy Spirit will bring you under conviction. Then we can use First John 1:9 to receive a “clean up”. You should memorize this verse for it’s God’s way for us to get back into fellowship after we sin. Lost folks can’t use it for they aren’t born again “yet”. Their sins are still accumulating like sand being piled upon sand. It takes true repentance [remorse and a going in the other direction] before God will forgive anyone. The cross is the only way!

First John 3 tells us those who constantly sin have the devil for their father. Once we’re born again we’re God’s children and He no longer sees us as sinners [the wages of sin is death] and won’t kill us. However, He’ll take us to the “wood shed” if we sin and don’t instantly repent. He says that He disciplines His own and if He doesn’t, we’re illegitimate. Over 35 years ago I began asking God for correction. When He did, I could endure it. Some folks resisting God’s correction now are suffering. Please don’t be deceived anymore, be born again and discover His fellowship and peace.

In His Service,
Capt. Ben Marler captben61@gmail.com captben61.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment